“Great location”

W Minneapolis - The Foshay
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Really like this W hotel for Minneapolis. Close to walk to many great restuarants , if you don't want to eat at Manny's inside ( it's excellent though).. Room was spacious and well appointed. Bathroom great, except I don't like the rain water shower heads, not enough pressure for think hair. Night life is insane at this location both on the main floor and 27th.. Staff is excellent and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Hello Bryce T,

I couldn’t thank you enough for taking personal time to share your outstanding experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay with the Trip Advisor community! You go to such great length in detail about your stay and it will be my pleasure to share your review with the entire team at W Minneapolis- especially to Kate and Brian. We truly want to go that extra step for our guests because you are all very important to us especially when you are traveling away from home; we strive to make every guest feel at home away from home. We look forward to having you back at the historic W Minneapolis-The Foshay.

Matthew Hawkins

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The location is great, the guest services are great, the club is great, the decor and design are brilliant, the service is absolutely second-to-none! This was a business trip, so my personal time was pretty limited. The night watchman, Brian, was super helpful in suggesting places to go and things to do, and filling me in on local happenings / culture spots. Totally made the place feel like home, whatever I needed he was there to help with. He shared local travel tips for leisure, entertainment, shopping, etc. Extremely helpful and personal guy. The club is very nice, I'm surprised at how many people can pack into such a small space without it feeling crowded. Big overstuffed furniture and fire pits help to thin out the crowd, and there are actually places that are "quiet" enough to chat people up. The bartenders are all outstanding, one in particular was Kate - after a few drinks I just asked her, "make me something," and she came up with something perfect every time. The security at the club were really professional guys - they didn't get in anybody's way, but they made sure that everyone was safe, and they dealt with idocy appropriately but discreetly. For the most part the club crowd is good. I didn't try out the restaurants, but the room service was pretty good. Their breakfast menu is pretty basic, and they don't offer English breakfast that I recall, but what they did have was excellent food. One nice little touch I thought was nice was that they changed the floormats in the elevators - from good morning, to good afternoon, to good evening. A small but neat little amenity. The place is full of stuff like that, tiny little things that add that sublte little pizzazz. The only downside that I can really think of is that the property is in a jumble of 1-way streets, so if you miss a turn getting there you might have a long night if the traffic is bad. But the Valets are courteously quick to help you forget about your vehicle, and they are also super helpful in where to go / what to do. Based on the property, the amenities, the decor, and the staff, I will definitely return here.

Room Tip: I checked pretty late, the night watchman gave me the 10-second skinny on my room and I asked if the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hello Bryce T,

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is always great. It is convenient to the best restaurants. Love the amazing bathroom...especially the shower! They treat you very well here!

The community areas of this hotel are great (The Living Room). The standard room is quite spacious. The beds are super comfortable. The staff is very quick and attentive.

The only thing that takes getting used to is the darker lighting in the hallway. But I didn't mind at all.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JJAMom
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hello JJAMom,
Thank you for your recent review of W Minneapolis-The Foshay. Feedback is critically important to us and I look forward to reading all the reviews and sharing them with my team. I hope to see you back at the historic Foshay even if it’s for a quick hello!

SIP.BASK.CELEBRATE.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay at the W when in Minneapolis for work. It's in a central downtown location and is conveniently connected to the Skyway. The W is also connected to Manny's Steakhouse, which is good for client dinners. The hotel has a spacious bar / lounge area (if you don't mind how dark it is) on the first floor and a second, called Prohibition, on the top floor of the tower, which is a great space with good view.
The guest rooms are spacious and comfortable and the bathrooms seem new and are filled with Bliss spa products. The hotel gym is also really nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank awesometown

Hello awesometown,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your comments about W Minneapolis-The Foshay. I hope that you enjoyed the Bliss Products; you can find them in all W Hotels around the world; I know I personally do. Your comments were gracious and very much appreciated. We are thankful to have the opportunity to provide a comfortable stay when you’re traveling for work; your Starwood Preferred Guest account will be growing with points in no time.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the W Hotel in a Fabulous Room with commanding views of downtown Minneapolis. (If you can, ask for a corner room for the best views). The hotel is in a convenient location downtown: one block from Nicollet Mall, two blocks from Hennepin Ave, and three blocks from the light rail. The lobby/Living Room on the ground floor are very chic with a highly attentive and courteous staff.

If you get the opportunity, stop by Manny's (the attached restaurant), for their delicious and hearty Sunday brunch for Vikings home games. Without a doubt, the W would be my first choice for a return trip to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank keanech

Hello Keane N,
It was my pleasure to read your review of your recent stay at W Minneapolis-The Foshay and certainly to respond. We know you have many decisions to make in regards when it comes to travel; thank you for giving our team the pleasure of welcoming you at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. We also know Chicago can be close yet so far when traveling away from home. It excites me to see that you enjoyed your experience and definitely would return. I can’t wait to share with the team.

SIP.CELEBRATE.TRAVEL.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This iss one of the best hotels I've stayed at. I was here for 4 nights for a wedding. Everything about the hotel was honestly great. Even with the extremely lively middle aged fist pumping action going on in the ground floor bar/club, my 21st floor room provided a perfect escape to the stresses of a wedding trip. The staff was totally on point and great. I love love love the 27th floor Prohibition Bar with it's 1920's wood furnishings and view. I loved the attention that I received and the style and everything that W is excelling at. I would definitely try and stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for the highest floor possible and got one on the 21st. Can't complain about the awesome...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank elijah c

Hello Crouchingfeather,
WOW! This review is outstanding! I am so enthused that we were able to provide everything you would need and to become your home away from home during your wedding travels. W Minneapolis-The Foshay is so thankful that we have an everyday opportunity to provide a W guest experience. We love our brand and we love our guests. We are here for you and should you need assistance with any future travels please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very Nice Hotel. Great staff and beatiful environment. The hotel enterance and lobby are welcoming and the main floor bar is a great place to settle in. We loved our stay and will absolutely return soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Scott S,
Thank you for the generous 5 star review you have left for the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate your insight and can’t wait for you return to W Minneapolis-The Foshay! I hope that you had an opportunity to visit Prohibition on the 27th floor.

Safe Travels,