“One of the Best”

Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
New Orleans, Louisiana
“One of the Best”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This iss one of the best hotels I've stayed at. I was here for 4 nights for a wedding. Everything about the hotel was honestly great. Even with the extremely lively middle aged fist pumping action going on in the ground floor bar/club, my 21st floor room provided a perfect escape to the stresses of a wedding trip. The staff was totally on point and great. I love love love the 27th floor Prohibition Bar with it's 1920's wood furnishings and view. I loved the attention that I received and the style and everything that W is excelling at. I would definitely try and stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for the highest floor possible and got one on the 21st. Can't complain about the awesome...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank elijah c
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hello Crouchingfeather,
WOW! This review is outstanding! I am so enthused that we were able to provide everything you would need and to become your home away from home during your wedding travels. W Minneapolis-The Foshay is so thankful that we have an everyday opportunity to provide a W guest experience. We love our brand and we love our guests. We are here for you and should you need assistance with any future travels please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Whatever/Whenever,
Matthew Hawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Korean first
Mpls
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very Nice Hotel. Great staff and beatiful environment. The hotel enterance and lobby are welcoming and the main floor bar is a great place to settle in. We loved our stay and will absolutely return soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Scott S,
Thank you for the generous 5 star review you have left for the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate your insight and can’t wait for you return to W Minneapolis-The Foshay! I hope that you had an opportunity to visit Prohibition on the 27th floor.

Safe Travels,
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Good area of downtown. Close to a lot of places of interest. Valet is on the high side as is the price of the hotel. The restaurant that is connected (Manny's) is excellent. Overall a great place to spend the weekend or stay for business.

• Stayed September 2012
Hello Justin W,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with travels that have a passion for travel. I hope to see you back at W Minneapolis-The Foshay in the near future. It was my pleasure to read, share and respond to your review.

Best,
Ontario
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is well located to see downtown Minni. The entrance and bar are funky. Prohibition lounge is a must see. Most rooms won't have great views. I am not sure the price makes sense but it is a unique experience. Who isn't just happier to know a martini shaker and olives are standard in the rooms?

We went up to the lookout floor and that provided great views of the area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hello Alicetas,

Thank you for taking the time to review W Minneapolis-The Foshay. I appreciate you sharing your insight while you were on property. Due to its unique position on the corner of 9th Street and Marquette, The Foshay tower provides some of the most breathtaking views a hotel can offer! It’s great to see that you took advantage of the museum tower and observation deck that is complimentary to hotel guests! It was my pleasure to personally respond to your review.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Wow, couldn't say more good things about this hotel. It all started with Imani, the wonderful, helpful young woman who checked us in and guided us through our entire stay. She moved us to a room with a better view, told us where to go while we stayed at the Foshay, and signed us up for Starwood points. This hotel has so many amenities it is ridiculous. Need your shoes shined? Just put them outside your door. Need a ride to a restaurant? There's a car to drive you. Forgot some toiletries? Just see Imani and she'll get them for you. All free of charge! You press "0" on the phone and the concierge greets you with, "Whatever, whenever." And that really sums up the service in this hotel. Imani and her colleagues will get you whatever you want, whenever you want it. The rooms are really fun. Scattered throughout them are small discoveries - a kaleidoscope on a silver stand with the word "WISH" on it, a white pouch on the back of the toilet containing an extra roll of toilet paper that says "Back Up Plan". Did I mention that the hotel is in a landmark which was once Minneapolis's tallest building? I could go on and on about this hotel. Suffice it to say, it was a unique, world-class experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Soizic84
Hello Soiczic,

I appreciate this incredible review that you have taken the time to share with the Trip Advisor community; it was my pleasure to share with the entire team here at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. Imani is a Welcome Desk star and we appreciate her hard work so much. It is great to hear that you had a wonderful W experience while you were here with us. We couldn’t provide incredible experiences if it wasn’t for our dedicated team and we appreciate our wonderful guests! We hope to see you in-house again; even if it’s to stop in and say hello!

Whatever/Whenever,
New York, NY
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. I loved the hip character and the chill out ambiance. There is a rooftop museum at the top where you can get a great view of the Twin Cities area and this hotel is in the middle of downtown so bars, clubs, and shopping are nearby. Staff was accommodating. The one thing I will say, is that the rooms were small but they had a cool vibe to them. If you want a young, hip vibe with accommodating staff in Minneapolis, this is the spot for you. If you want spacious rooms, you might be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
dfmirand,
Thank you for sharing your review with us! I appreciate your comments and thrilled that we could provide a unique W experience while you were with us. W Minneapolis-The Foshay does provide over 50 different room types and sizes due to its historical shape, however, I am glad that you enjoyed the design esthetic that W Minneapolis-The Foshay reveals throughout its rooms. I personally invite you back to experience what's new/now/next at W Hotels Worldwide.

SIP.BASK.CELEBRATE.
Perry, Iowa
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked this hotel on Priceline with the name your own price feature, so we had an excellent rate. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a "Fabulous King Suite". It was very comfortable and modern room. We especially enjoyed the comfortable king bed and the huge shower area with the rain shower nozzle.

Everyone we encountered was very pleasant and we enjoyed a drink in the lobby lounge one night.
The museum at the top of the hotel was very interesting and the views were very nice from the top of the hotel roof. Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade! It never hurts to ask!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
eurotraveleriowa,

Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with the Trip Advisor community! I am so happy that you were able to enjoy a complimentary upgrade to our Fantastic Suite! Furthermore, I hope you enjoyed the views just as much as the W signature bed! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Foshay.

Best,