W Minneapolis - The Foshay
Hilton Minneapolis(Minneapolis)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,333 results
All reviewsobservation deckmanny's steakhousefoshay towerliving roombliss productscorner roomhistoric buildingcupcakesart decomini bartop floorrain showermain floorwater pressureshower headhell's kitchenvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The W Foshay in Minneapolis is spendy but very posh....we stayed in the WOW suite! The bar downstairs has everything you can imagine and specialty drinks too! The room was spacious and decor was modern the big tub and shower were fantastic! Made you want to spend more time in your room....Service was great! Amenities were fantastic! Price was spendy!

Room Tip: WOW suite was was wow...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simonandv
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

SimonAndv,
Thank you for sharing your recent walk on the “WOW” side at W Minneapolis-The Foshay to the Trip Advisor community! I am happy that you were able to enjoy the amenities and our specialty cocktails in our living room bar! We welcome you back and if there is anything that you need; please let us know!
Whatever/Whenever,

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently stayed at the W Foshay. The service was terrific and the room impeccable. The doormen and valet were especially helpful, as I was on a business trip and needed to get and leave my rental car a lot! We went to Manny's Steakhouse (in the hotel) and that was delicious! We later went to the top floor to have cocktails at Prohibition. This is a beautiful place for a nightcap. The best part was the fact that I just needed to take the elevator a few floors down to my room at the end of the night! I'd highly recommend this hotel for business travel.

Room Tip: Check prices online, frequently. Take advantage of the Starwood rewards program.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KCL222

Hello KCL222,
I am delighted to hear that you had a terrific experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay! We love that our guests are able to take the “lift” home as we call our elevators in
W Lingo! You’re right; Prohibition is the perfect place to end a stressful day where you can sit back and relax on top of Minneapolis! We hope that you come back and visit us again the next time you’re in Minneapolis on business or personal travel.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I recently got home from a road trip through the Midwest, and we used Minneapolis as our hub, and branched off to different states, always returning to Minneapolis; so in the process, we stayed at three different hotels (all Starwood properties) in Minneapolis. I had very high expectations for the W Foshay, and I must say, right from us pulling up to the hotel, it was not a great experience.

We pulled up on a Saturday afternoon. I circled the block three or four times, because there was nowhere to stop in front of the hotel, the valet area was full. I ended up just putting my flashers on right on the street and unloading the car. By the time a valet approached me, I had already unloaded my entire trunk full of stuff. Not very good service (they were friendly enough, but I feel they should have approached me as I was unloading my trunk).

Check-in was a smooth enough process; the lady checking us in was very friendly. I requested a high floor in advance, and also at check in. We were put on the 9th floor (it is a 30 story building)... I know they can't always honour requests like that, but I made it nearly a month in advance, and booked directly with Starwood. The room was clean, just a normal two-bed hotel room, with a nice bathroom. For some reason, we were given a handicap room, so there was a strange seat in the shower, and handles all over the bathroom. The rooms are painted in dark colours and are very trendy.

The afternoon of our first night there, I went out for a quick walk downtown. I noticed my car was parked ON THE STREET. I paid $30/night for valet parking, and my car is parked on the street at the side of the hotel?!?! This floored me, in all my travels, when I have my car valet parked, I have never seen this. I though that perhaps it was just parked like that for the afternoon. I went out later that night, around midnight, and sure enough, it was still sitting there, in plain sight, with its out-of-country license plate (maybe I'm paranoid, but seems like an invitation for thieves). Our second night, it was parked elsewhere, presumably because it was a weeknight, and parking was no longer permitted on the street).

Saturday night at the W is very strange. It is like a night club in the lobby. There is a very trendy bar, and the music is literally at the volume level of a night club. I'm not old by any means and I was irritated by it. I can't imagine what senior citizens staying at the hotel would think. You can hear the music through the elevator shafts. From the 9th floor at midnight, I could hear the music from the lobby, standing in front of the elevators..... seems a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, I am quite sure I wouldn't stay at The Foshay again. I sincerely hope other W properties are not like this. I am a loyal Starwood guest, but this experience has soured me. Especially my car being valet parked on the street. That just floors me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ScottBuick
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you for your detailed review of W Minneapolis- The Foshay. I also want to personally thank you for your Starwood brand loyalty. I want assure you that I am currently following up with your areas of concerns and reviewing standard operating policies and procedures.
I first off want to apologize for your prolonged arrival experience to the hotel. We want our guests to be able to enter and exit the hotel as smooth as possible, however weekend travel demand is up and our hotel is making adjustments to our staffing levels to accommodate this demand with traffic in front of our hotel.
In regards to your room assignment, we try doing our best in making sure that we try to accommodate our guest’s wishes. At W Minneapolis- the Foshay, we have 12 Wonderful Two Queen beds on floors 2-12. At the time of room selection, it appears that the highest available floor in your category was floor 9. We are willing to do whatever is appropriate to make sure that our guests are comfortable. I have touched base with our talent at the welcome desk to make sure that we are communicating when we are not able to fulfill such requests; that way we can give our guests some options.
I have reached out to my Director of Operations and our Valet Manager to go over protocol of the length of stay for a vehicle to be parked on the street. We have brought this matter to their attention and reviewing with our talent that the negative impressions can have on our guests when a situation like this can arise. I can understand your frustration with paying for such a service and having to worry about the safety of your vehicle. We are taking immediate strides to correct this matter.
I want to regain your positive outlook on W hotels especially within the Starwood family. We are known for our outstanding guest service. Thank you for your feedback and comments as we can’t better ourselves without hearing about our guests experiences. Please see your private message that I have left for you.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

yes, the accommodations are top-notch, the location is excellent, and the prices are outrageous. The truly amazing experience I encountered at the W in mpls was the personal customer service from Heather K at the Welcome Desk. I was there this past weekend for a wedding and two urgent last-minute wedding-related things came up and Heather was the unfortunate soul that was stuck dealing with us - and are we ever glad! She not only solved our issues quickly and efficiently but she did it while making us laugh and feel like we've known her forever. While I enjoy this chain, I almost always leave feeling as though it wasn't worth the money. Not this time, however. Now... if only their other locations could find their own "Heather's". :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sweetwater10
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Hello SweetWater10,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to help us out with this fantastic review of W Minneapolis- The Foshay. It sounds like you truly experienced our brand philosophy of Whatever/Whenever; even better that Heather was able to provide you with outstanding customer service. We have received many similar comments in regards to Heather. I am so excited to share with the team that Heather is once again standing out! We look forward to your next visit at W Minneapolis-The Foshay!
All the best,

Reviewed August 22, 2011

A great place to stay. Right in the middle of Downtown. Close to resturants and bars, shopping.
Mannys, a great steakhouse and Keys, great for breakfast and lunch. Right in the hotel.

Room Tip: Get the fabulous room. Corner room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family