“Great sport bar”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I won't compare this place to a restaurant... This is more a sport bar with huge beer choice and awesome atmosphere and where you can get a burger or sandwich if you are hungry... and they do it pretty well: the burger are really tasty and good

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Tons of beer, great burgers and fries, good happy hour, I could go on forever! I don't even like tater tot hot dish but their rendition is fabulous. I stopped in yesterday to get a gift certificate and the host just had me wait at the front desk while he ran around and did all the leg work. Parking at the US Bank lot is free/abundant after bank close and on Sunday. Make it a stop on your NE adventures and swing through Surdyk's, Bibelot, Baltic Imports and Nye's while you're within walking distance.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went there with a friend who knows that I LOVE a great burger and she told me I just had to try this place. I like to think of myself as a burger "expert", having eaten burgers all over the country. My taste is for the basic burger, with cheese and a decent bun. Now I like to taste the meat, I'm not reviewing a burger piled high with all kinds of great stuff and unusual stuff, (not that I don't like that on occasion), but when I am reviewing a burger, the main event is the type of meat and the restaurant's ability to cook it to the proper temperature. I like my burgers juicy and meaty, so I usually get them medium rare, and if they are juicy, medium will do. I like em with cheddar,preferably melted, but it doesn't detract from my rating if it isn't. I had the LaFrieda. This burger is a special mixture of short rib and black angus ground beef which produces a great meat "flavor". Pat LaFrieda's Meats is the best meat producer on the east coast. He has developed special "blends" of meats including aged prime cuts of meat, ground up and mixed to produce some of the best burgers in the best steak houses in NYC and the east coast. I had my burger med rare, temp was PERFECT. Cheddar wasn't melted,but as I said, I don't deduct for that. The burger was FLAVORFUL, juicy and the texture of the meat was just perfect. So far this year, it is the BEST burger I have had. Actually was better than the Red Cow, and the Blue Door Cafe, and the Nook, which by the way are all great burgers on their own. The fries were very good, but the burger was truly the standard against which I will compare burgers the rest of this year.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My wife and I were shopping downtown and found this restaurant by chance and it was The Best chance we ever made. The staff was wonderful and the food was awesome. I had the El Cuban and my wife had the Pork Taco's. Both were out of this world and for desert we had one of the Bulldog's Famous "Home Made" Muffins, out of this world. If your in the area and are looking for a excellent place to dine, unwind and have great food, you have to eat at the "Bulldog N.E.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Out with friends for New Years's Eve. Had an awesome late night dinner. The Peanut Butter Bacon Burger was really great and the fries topped it off. Pretzel appetizers and Cream Cheese Won Tons were great as well. Only disappointment was they were closing before midnight as they didn't feel there would be enough business. That was too bad as the had already locked the the doors turning people away and it was only 10:30. Overall I will go back as food and service was great.