“Nice neighborhood bar.” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Bulldog
Ranked #318 of 1,790 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
shakopee, Minnesota, USA
“Nice neighborhood bar.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Love this place for just hanging out with beer, cocktails and shuffleboard. Food wasn't spectacular and its a bit loud sometimes. But, if you're in the area, don't pass up a chance to have a cold beer here, they have a very good selection of tap beers!-

• Visited November 2012

Rochester, Minnesota
“Out of tots? Really?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The waitress was friendly enough and can't be blamed for the restaurant being out of three of the evenings specials. This establishment is apparently known got their Tater-tots. Well, would have been nice to find out what the fuss is about. They were out. It would appear to me that if you can't offer a good percentage if what's on your menu, you should rethink opening your doors. One beer, an order of chicken nuggets, and an order of fries were $20. Next time I'll pick up a six pack and drive through McD's. At this point I can't find tots elsewhere. Thanks, I guess.

Lino Lakes, MN
“Staff attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

It has been awhile since I have felt so unwelcome at a restaurant. We were there on a Saturday afternoon. The staff was rude, inattentive, surly, and just overall unpleasant to a person. We didn't even order food. We left.

• Visited October 2012
Canada
“We went 3 times during our trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are big fans of Northeast as my husband grew up there. We visit Mpls once a year and are always on the lookout for great food. The cupcakes and peanut butter burger swayed me to visit the first time with my husband and brother-in-law. The beer selection is great, the burgers are good. I wouldn't order the peanut butter one again (the croissant bun was too soggy and the fried egg was weird), but it was fun to try and I'd actually love it as a bacon/pb sandwich. My brother-in-law enjoyed the Tillamook burger and husband enjoyed his burger. What kept us coming back? The BACON SCALLION CREAM CHEESE WONTONS! My husband wants his coffin to be filled with them, edging out his previous plan for a Viking longboat funeral. They're insanely good. I loved the different cupcakes each day - we actually came in for them several more times in addition to our 3 meals. The chicken and waffles were a hit with my brother-in-law and our friend. The menu is extensive and I think we could have visited several more times and never had the same thing twice. The only thing none of us were interested in was the steak tartar, otherwise everything sounded really good. They have excellent bacon and it's featured in many items.

Service: Staff are knowledgeable about the food and were at "worst" okay and at best they were enthusiastic and friendly. Service can be a bit slow but this is probably because the space is so large, there's a lot of ground to cover. Once they hadn't yet made the peanut butter cupcakes and our waitress had one put aside for me to pick up later, for free!

Atmosphere: We were there for dinner and brunch twice. Dinner is loud and busy, but it is a bar, after all, and our waiter was friendly. If you're looking for a no-lineups brunch spot, the Bulldog was great, although it was a bit understaffed.

We will definitely be back next year! Keep up the cupcakes and wontons, Bulldog!

• Visited August 2012
Minneapolis
“Love the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Truffle fries are my FAVORITE! Hamburgers are my favorite but I absolutely love their black bean burger here. One of my favorite places to go for some good grub.

Visited June 2012