“We went 3 times during our trip!”
Review of The Bulldog

The Bulldog
Ranked #314 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are big fans of Northeast as my husband grew up there. We visit Mpls once a year and are always on the lookout for great food. The cupcakes and peanut butter burger swayed me to visit the first time with my husband and brother-in-law. The beer selection is great, the burgers are good. I wouldn't order the peanut butter one again (the croissant bun was too soggy and the fried egg was weird), but it was fun to try and I'd actually love it as a bacon/pb sandwich. My brother-in-law enjoyed the Tillamook burger and husband enjoyed his burger. What kept us coming back? The BACON SCALLION CREAM CHEESE WONTONS! My husband wants his coffin to be filled with them, edging out his previous plan for a Viking longboat funeral. They're insanely good. I loved the different cupcakes each day - we actually came in for them several more times in addition to our 3 meals. The chicken and waffles were a hit with my brother-in-law and our friend. The menu is extensive and I think we could have visited several more times and never had the same thing twice. The only thing none of us were interested in was the steak tartar, otherwise everything sounded really good. They have excellent bacon and it's featured in many items.

Service: Staff are knowledgeable about the food and were at "worst" okay and at best they were enthusiastic and friendly. Service can be a bit slow but this is probably because the space is so large, there's a lot of ground to cover. Once they hadn't yet made the peanut butter cupcakes and our waitress had one put aside for me to pick up later, for free!

Atmosphere: We were there for dinner and brunch twice. Dinner is loud and busy, but it is a bar, after all, and our waiter was friendly. If you're looking for a no-lineups brunch spot, the Bulldog was great, although it was a bit understaffed.

We will definitely be back next year! Keep up the cupcakes and wontons, Bulldog!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Truffle fries are my FAVORITE! Hamburgers are my favorite but I absolutely love their black bean burger here. One of my favorite places to go for some good grub.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Sat at the bar. Bartender kept putting a dirty, smelly rag in front of us even though I moved it twice. Food tasted warmed over. Just not a great experience. Would not recommend particularly because there are a lot of other great choices nearby, including Pizza Nea and Whiteys.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Location is great with easy walking around. Lots of parking available too.

The atmosphere is always busy but not so much so conversations are hard to have.

The tap selection offers many staples but also has many unique offerings as well.

The food all has a personal twist on it making everything different from what or used to. It's always very good even if it gets a little wild someone's.

The tots are amazing to say the least. They go great with beer too!

One of my favorite Minneapolis stops

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Good bar fare with some sophisticated tater tot options - had to read my own sentence twice there. Sandwiches are piled high, kids menu is ample, cupcakes are complimentary for little people. Servers can be overworked, or seem so, at times and this place is usually packed. Good reserved after bank hours parking across the street. A good stand-by.