“Good for Dim Sum”

Dining options: Breakfast
seward, ak
“Good for Dim Sum”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

What more could you ask for when getting off a redeye flight at 6 AM? Our family makes of habit of searching out Dim Sum wherever we travel in the world. We found Mandarin Kitchen most satisfactory, finding such good food four hours after landing in MPS was a highlight of our trip. By 10:30 AM on a Saturday morning the place was quite busy but we only waited for 10 mins. We were pleased to find that at least 2/3 of the customers were Chinese, a good sign. Late we heard from some other long time residents that this was their favorite spot for Dim Sum. Enjoy.

• Visited April 2013

Minnesota
“Go for dim sum!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Best in thr Twin Cities, (although, that isn't saying much, there are so few dim sum restaurants!). It is very good. Great selection. Crowded with Chinese families...always a good sign when an ethnic restaurant is patronized by its own ethnic group. Service good..prices reasonable...unless, like me you just can't stop trying things!

Visited January 2013
BLAINE
“CHEAT!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Mandarin Kitchen Restaurant in Bloomington Minnesota- A Popular Restaurant that cheats customers!

Mandarin Kitchen restaurant has been a very popular place for a long time for their Roast Duck, Barbecue Pork and Roast Pork. I think they are have grown "bigger heads" since they think everyone loves to eat their dim sum and roast meats. However, if you order large portions, be aware that they can easily cheat you in many ways. One way I found this out was when I asked them to separate my large order into several small containers so they can't cut back on the portions without me knowing. Needless to say, my suspicion of them being unfair was validated when I double checked my order and costs. I ordered 9 pounds total. I went home and weighted it on a digital and reliable scale. It turned out it only weighed 6.5 pounds. They charged me for 9 pounds! I was very angry, because they cheated me out of a few pounds, which ended up to be a loss of $22.50 total...($9 a lb).

On top of that the Roast Duck, Barbecue Pork and Roast Pork meats they cut for me tasted terrible. Only about a pound of the roast pork was actual meat. The rest went straight into my garbage because it was all FAT! I specifically told them to not cut the fattest parts for me, but they still did. Since they are not reliable and dishonest you need to be very careful if you choose to eat or order from there. You wouldn’t know it if they added a few extra dollars to your bill, because most of the time it's very difficult to calculate many small orders or one big order. I will never order anything from there or recommend to anyone else. I hope this time I've taken to post this message saves you the trouble that I had to deal with Mandarin Kitchen restaurant in Bloomington Minnesota.

2 Thank LANDYBLAINE
Minneapolis
“DIM SUM!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Best Dim Sum dining experience anywhere in the metro! Rivals and beats those in china towns of larger cities. FRESH FRESH FRESH!!! Don't go at the very end, they start running out of things.

1 Thank millergal88
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Best dim sum in the Twin Cities”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We love Mandarin Kitchen. This is the best dim sum we've found in the Twin Cities by far. You can find equally good or possibly better dim sum in New York or San Francisco, but not here! Arrive a few minutes before 10:00 AM or plan to line up for a table. It's a large, bustling restaurant and the crowd is mostly Chinese -- this is happily not Chinese American cuisine. A friend and I were there last weekend, and it was as good as ever. It's the most fun to go with more than 2 people, though -- you get to try more things!