“Bring Back the Cheese Bread!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Baker's Wife

A Baker's Wife
Ranked #5 of 40 Bakeries in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bring Back the Cheese Bread!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Everything really is delicious. The ham and cheese croissant is phenomenally greasy-licious and the farmers muffin deal is SO good. The carmel roll is the best in the city, as are most the pastries. This is the place to go to get burger or brat buns, as it also happens to be where some of the best local restaurants get their breads. They don't always have what you're looking for in terms of breads, so you might want to call ahead.

• Visited April 2012

Shakopee, MN
“Disppointed in Bread”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

We visited on Friday, May 11, 2012 around noon. A local television station recently had a top ten about best bread in the Twin Cities, this was #10. I went specifically for the sourdough because it was touted so highly.

I was so disappointed! Dry, crumbly and no sour to the sourdough. Never again. (We also had a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie that were just OK.)

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Steve0315
Maplewood, MN
“Better Than I Remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Though I’m in my 50s, I kinda remember in younger years my grandma bringing us kids to a bakery on or near this corner. What I specifically recall is the size of the cookies – they were definitely two-handers and I was not allowed to down a whole cookie at one time. I was feeling nostalgic, had time on my hands, and ventured over to see if I could find the bakery.

After much deliberation, and staff patiently answering my questions, I had a SnowBall and glass of milk and watched sidewalk traffic. Gosh, there’s a lot of stuff on this one corner. Loved it! Of course I had to tote home a sack of cookies and a host of other things to try out. What a treat!

Easily the best bakery I’ve been to in years! A Baker’s Wife rocks!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank The_Bohemian
St Paul, Minnesota
“My favorite donuts are here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I write this review for their donuts. It's the best I've ever had. I try to eat more for on the healthy side, but when co-workers bring in donuts to the office from here, I cannot resist and I have to have one or sometimes two. I've only stepped inside their bakery once since I wanted to know where these wonderful donuts come from! It's what a small, charming, and casual mom and pop bakery should be. If you're from out of town and want to try something local, not a bad place to check out.

• Visited October 2011
Mpls
“Good bakery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

They have some pretty good baked good. Donuts can be a bit greasy if warm. The front entery and order area is way to small.. Do not like having to ask for a large bag for items.. I usually walk there and if I order 3 items I get three bags, hard to carry without asking for a large bag to put them in.

• Visited November 2011