“Multi-Asian cuisine - something for everyone”
Review of Pagoda

Pagoda
Ranked #240 of 1,841 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Cross street: 15th Ave. SE and 4th St. SE
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We gave Pagoda a try on a whim tonite. So glad we did. It is now a new favorite. Kids (9 and 10 yrs old) loved the smoothies and Lo Mein and Pad Thai. We also had the sizzling chicken and veggies with black bean sauce had a cool presentation on a big sizzling plate. We also tried the Seafood hot pot which was yummy. I added more spices from the tray for more flavor.
Our server was very busy but very attentive and cheerful. She gave us great recommendations.

Many dishes to try - Thai, Japanese, Chinese. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I live in Dinkytown, so I always go there for the lunch spacial. I always get a plenty of food and bring it back home because I cannot finish in one time.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Dinner (NOT Dim Sum) for a table of 10 adults, 1 kid, 2 babies...yes we all fit at the round table...you definitely have to be comfortable with each other to eat thisclose to the person next to you.

LOCATION: Dinkeytown...difficult to find a parking space, but after a few loops around the block, we finally found the entrance to the parking lot behind the restaurant. Mind you, we are not from this area. So, perhaps a sign would help?

ATMOSPHERE: Much bigger inside than it looked from the outside. I liked seeing the duck and pork belly hanging behind the glass warmer. Not too busy, but filled up quickly through the evening.

FOOD: Variety was fantastic! Something for everyone! I really enjoyed the salt and pepper chicken wings from the appetizer menu. There was some pork belly too I believe and a lot of people at the table were big fans of that. Some foods were a hit and miss because they were either too oily or too spicy. We also had the roasted duck and that was very nice as well.

Boba Smoothie drinks were buy one get one free. Can't mix flavors though...bummer. If you ever go somewhere that DOES allow you to mix, you must try strawberry and lychee!! That has been one of the best combos I've tried.

SERVICE: Friendly and patient. Some of us took a really long time deciding what to order, they were very accommodating and didn't mind coming back a few times...I think.

RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE GUESTS: Eat family style so you get a taste of everything everyone ordered!!
RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE OWNERS: You need a sign showing where to enter for parking...unless you have one and we just didn't see it?

OVERALL: I really enjoyed the food. Wish we had something like this closer to us.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

One of the worst food I have had in twin cites .... The food was so salty and greasy .... My husband and I had to take the food and throw that in the dust bin behind ... We were utterly disappointed ... Hope they improve there food and the chiken which we ordered was like rocks when were bite ing into it .... Pathetic food guys ...

1  Thank Net23
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Since we have some Chinese family members we ate Mother's Day dinner at the Pagoda. While waiting for others to arrive I noticed they had a number of awards hanging on their wall. The awards were well-deserved - the food was great! The atmosphere was very warm and friendly. We had a baby with us and nobody seemed to be bothered by that at all. I'll definitely go here again.