“Awful”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Cross street: 15th Ave. SE and 4th St. SE
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ordered the food through BiteSquad, so I'll admit, it may be a shade better not delivered.

Our appetizer was Fried Cream Cheese Puffs, which were greasy and the dip was too sweet and artificial tasting.

I ate some kind of pork dish which was weird tasting with low quality meat. The other dish was a Lo Mein that was so bad it got thrown away. To top it all the price not including delivery charge was $35, which for such crummy food was way too expensive.

Frankly, based on this offering, I cannot imagine any of the food being any good. I certainly won't be buying from them again, I'd rather get fast food that eat this kind of overpriced swill.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stumbled on this place a while ago going to or leaving a hockey game. First, let me say ... when you go to a Chinese restaurant and 90% of the clientele appears to be Asian, you've probably come to the right place. This place HAS NEVER disappointed ... the food is phenomenal
... it's better the phenomenal (do you catch my drift here???? - it's the best Chinese food I've ever had in my life ... which has been rather long so far). We now go back every chance we get ... every excuse we have. GOO!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've had the roasted duck twice and it has been very good. The sauce that comes with it enhances the flavor quite well. The pork was a little dry and didn't look like the pictures but was still good. Will try their happy hour and brunch.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I were in the area and craving Chinese. We found Pagoda accidentally, and decided to try it out. Service was good, and so was the food. We ordered Pan Fried Dumplings, Orange Chicken, and Szechuan Ground Pork. The dumplings were a bit lacking in flavor, other than the sauce that came with for dipping. The Orange Chicken was run of the mill, but good. The Szechuan dish was so delicious, but it was incredibly spicy. I believe all the vegetables in it were Thai chile peppers. The waitress was impressed that my husband was able to eat a good portion of it. The restaurant also had a variety of "hot pot" dishes that looked interesting- a few people near us had ordered them. I think I would try one of those if we were to ever go back.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I've visited a couple of times recently for the weekend dim sum, and have been mostly pleased. It's good, quality dim sum. The selection is decent, with most everything you would expect in circulation. You might even find a few pleasant surprises. That being said, I feel the dumplings are the best. There is a good range of them, from the shark fin to the shui mai, though, surprisingly, they didn't have any crystal shrimp on the most recent visit. The pork bun, turnip cakes and sticky rice were all good. The spare ribs are also good, and cooked long enough to make them fall apart. But some items, especially the fried items, often are served cold when they shouldn't be. It seems they aren't turning over enough of these items quickly enough. After turnip cakes were served cold on our first visit (when the waiter put them under a heat lamp instead of bringing out a fresh set), the waiter brought us out a fresh one this time, and it was excellent. That's the biggest complaint, that some of the fried items are allowed to be served cold, when they know damn well that they are cold.