“Favorite Vacation I look Forward to Every Year.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Miltona
Woodland Resort on Lake Miltona
Waverly, Iowa, United States
“Favorite Vacation I look Forward to Every Year.”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have been up the Woodland Resort three years in a row and every year it gets better and better. Not only is the fishing amazing, but the environment is very relaxing and the people their are so friendly. I would highly recommend this resort especially for a family vacation. The new things that get added every year are great too such as the fire pit which just makes the experience more relaxing. It is a home away from home! Amazing place to come too!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Faribault, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Every time we are at Woodland I feel like I'm with family. Steve and Michelle go above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect. We stay every fishing opener and bring our wives along in Sept. for the Grape Stomp and musky fishing. Top notch!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jerry K
Cambridge, Iowa, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Woodland Resort is absolutely amazing! The views of the lake from the cabins are stunning. We have been going there for 25ish years and we can't go anywhere else without comparing everything to Woodland and Lake Miltona. Steve and Michelle are great hosts and they do a beautiful job of keeping the resort looking fabulous!

Room Tip: We love the view of the sunsets, so we always choose lakefront!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Woodland Resort is a beautifully kept resort and the cabin we stayed in was perfect! We had the largest cabin (4 bedrooms) and a three bedroom in our group. Both cabins were immaculate and well equipped with everything we needed for our stay...including a pack and play for my baby!

They also had great living rooms/kitchen areas for our group to gather together in the evenings for meals and games...a nice touch was the flatscreen tv and dvd player, too. The whole house was immaculate and really high end! We have stayed in other cabins in Minnesota, and wow, what a difference! A luxury lake home is really what we were in at Woodland!

Our cabin also had a giant jacuzzi tub, which was very relaxing and my four year old daughter and her cousin used as a swimmnig pool!

The lake is so clean and you can see the bottom, which was a new experience for me with lakes! The sandy beach and swimming area was perfect and a great place for us to spend the afternoon splashing around. they also had a cool sufboard/longboard that my kids thought was great to sit on and oull each other around with. We even tried the canoe...my kids loved all the kayaks and paddleboat...no charge extra to use them!

There was also a super cool playground that my little ones loved...it was a ship and they pretended for HOURS on it!

They also had a really nice brick verandah with a fireplace which overlooked the lake. It was so nice to be able to watch the sunset with a glass (or try three!) of wine from the verandah. it was warm when we were there, but we still made a fire jsut because the stone fireplace was so cool! We also did a campfire one night on the beach, and another night in a firepit near our cabin.

My husband was also really happy with the fishing at Lake Miltona. The resort owner gave him some great tips and we also caught a lot of fish off the dock, and we went fishing one night with a guide. We left kids with their aunt and my sister's husand, my husband and myself all went with the guide Joe. We caught 8 or ten wallye keepers. joe even cleaned the fish for us, which is good since my hubbie would have literally butchered them. THEN, the next night the resort owner gave us some tips for grilling the wallye...good god it was awesome. I had never grilled fish we caught, but it was so easy and tasty!

Ok, now for the negative...at night the mosquitos really come out! I would suggest getting a citronella candle to burn when you are on your deck enjoying the sunset! and dont forget bug spray for night time outside.

Bring extra towels because your kids will be at the beach every day multiple times!

Room Tip: Book early for summer. GREAT deals for this fall...we already have a weekend booked!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauralovesvacation
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miltona
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria
Hampton Inn and Suites Alexandria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Alexandria
Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center

Been to Woodland Resort on Lake Miltona? Share your experiences!