“Chips by the sea ”

Mario's Fish Bar and Pizza
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Walmer
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We called into the fish shop on our way home from Dover ferry, as the sun was shining we thought it would be a great idea to have fish and chips on the seafront. The shop was very welcoming, clean and busy. The staff are very friendly and professional and the fish and chips was cooked fresh as we stood and waited. We took them down to the seafront and ate them on the beach, absolutely delicious well worth a call into this fish and chip shop.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (157)

Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

We went on a busy Friday bank holiday night, but the food was quick, the staff very efficient and the Fish and chips delicious! We crossed the road and really had a lovely picnic on the green opposite!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 9, 2019

I was really looking forward to fish and chips as we were near to the sea and all the reviews about this fish bar suggested the food was fresh and delicious.
I can honestly say it was the worst fish and chips I’ve ever had the misfortune to eat. You can cook fresh fish all you want, but if the fat is burnt then that’s all you can taste!!
Small portions and a wasted £16 for two horrible portions of fish and chips! Never, ever again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed May 19, 2019

I love fish and chips. The chips were delicious. I was a bit disappointed that the skin was still on the fried fish. The restaurant was open late. I appreciate that.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

... you need Fish ‘n Chips. Thus we found ourselves at Mario’s, where the most delicious, freshly cooked cod and chips became our dinner, plus some mushy peas, of course. Mario’s actually sell a variety of meals, but fish and chips it was. Service was quick and friendly in this busy, quite small establishment (probably seats 20?) and portions very large. We both have good appetites, but 2 x medium cod and chips was a vast amount. I would suggest for two adults, two medium fish and one chips would be ample!! Small and large sizes are also available. Not disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2019