“Good place for Business, close to St. Paul”

Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Good place for Business, close to St. Paul”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Traveled here for business, good location, right off Highway 494. The hotel is very clean, rooms were nice. Restaurant was good for Dinner & Breakfast if you need a quick bite. Gym with cardio equipment, weights and bench - good for a quick work out. Lots of business travelers at this location. Easy access to St. Paul downtown as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Mike Mitchell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I came in for an event in downtown Saint Paul, and decided to stay here for the first night to avoid having to pay downtown prices for two nights. The airport shuttle picked me up promptly. Check in was very slow, when I arrived there were about 4 or 5 parties waiting and only one front desk person to help them. Check out was also slow due to this same problem. There were several employees in the front desk area, however most of them when asked said that they were not actually able to perform the check in/check out and that I had to wait for the person that did.

The first time they gave me the room key, I went upstairs and it did not work. Then I went downstairs, they rescanned it and it worked. My only other complaint is that my room was right by the ice machine, so there was a lot of noise from the hallway late into the night.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast that I purchased was actually very good and affordable. The delays I mentioned above were annoying, but nothing that severely hindered my experience. I paid $95 for a Friday night stay, so I can't complain too much. I would just recommend that the front desk is better staffed for the future.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking to not be near the ice machine/vending area
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ashley812
Thank you so much for your feedback and for being our guest. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your stay, however please accept my apologies for the check in and departure experience that you encounter as this is out of the norm for our property. If it is not too much trouble, would you mind emailing me at michael.mitchell@marriott.com with your name so that I may research your issue further with our team.

Hartford, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for many years during business trips. The staff are very friendly at check in and helpful if you need something. The breakfast options are much improved since they remodeled and the staff in the restaurant are really incredible with great customer service. The rooms are modern and always clean and the last time I stayed my room had a mini fridge. The wi-fi is strong and it's easy to connect. The walls are a bit thin and occasionally you can hear your neighbors but overall this is a nice hotel and they have really made some nice improvements. It's a quick drive to the Mall of America. They also have an airport shuttle and there is a running trail nearby. I would stay here again during either business or pleasure travel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ccpeters
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments and for being our guest over the years. We are excited to announce that when you return after March we will have completed our rooms and cooridor renovation as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Cindy and Betty desreve kudos for their great customer service and accomodating nature.This property is in SAINT PAUL. So, make sure when booking you get the right place as Marriott has a few locations in the area. But none as quiet and off the beaten path as this one. My focus was the Mall of America. Didn't have to rent a car as they have an airport AND mall shuttle as most of the hotels in the area do. Typical Courtyard. Good. The elevator went on the blink before I left, but hey, these things happen. I would also like to see Marriott center the T.V. in a way I can watch while in the bed with out craning my neck or laying on my side to watch it. Also a little grout work at the bottom of the shower walls is in order. Small potatoes but noticeable. Going to the Mall of them all? Stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JAYTRAVEL1958
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and for being our guest. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Would you mind emailing me at micheal.mitchell@marriott.com to let me know what room you were in so that we can address this grout issue.

Ames, Iowa
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Excellent hotel, very clean, very up-to-date, exceptionally friendly and helpful service. The pool and hot tub were very nice as well. However, if you are planning to travel with small children, this may not be an ideal choice since it lacks a mini-fridge in the room and has no continental breakfast. There is a very nice Bistro on site but again, not what families with small chidlren might be needing as far as convience factor goes. The location was fantastic as it was an easy drive south on 35E to the Minnesota Zoo and another easy jaunt to the north, also on 35E, to the Science Museum of Minnesota, which was our primary motivation for selecting this hotel. There is also nearby, convenient shopping and dining, from local to chain restaurants in Eagan. (The Mall of America is also an easy trip from 494, which the hotel is immediately off of but this was not one of our planned stops) So if you don't mind keeping a cooler in your room for back up in place of the mini-fridge, this is a great choice. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Ours was a first floor room that faced the outside of the building toward the parking lot. With sma...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest and for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you did not get a room with a refrigerator. About 40% of our rooms have refrigerators and we also have them available upon request.

Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is clean and beautiful. If you can, get a room that faces in toward the courtyard (yes, they actually have a "Courtyard"!) We had a room that faced out, but it was still nice to have a balcony. Every encounter I had with the staff was a good experience. They were very friendly and helpful. I felt like a valued guest. The rooms were clean and up to date. (see attached picture). It was nice to have an outlet up on the headboard by the night lamp to plug my cell phone in.
The hotel is easy to get to off 494 and centrally located to everything, St Paul, Minneapolis or Bloomington. It is a little bit of an odd area that was mostly a business park with nothing retail. There is a very nice convenience store/gas station just south of the interstate though. Got coffee over there each day.
Which brings me to the drawbacks. First was there was not coffee available in the lobby even though the information book in the room mentioned "complementary coffee" in the lobby. When I asked they said the book was outdated and I could buy Starbucks from the Bistro.
There was not a fridge or microwave in the room. Staying 3 nights, I would have like to be able to keep cold beverages and leftovers in there.
The biggest drawback was the thin walls. I was glad we were up on the 3rd floor and at the end with only one shared wall. Maybe it was just the people next door were extra loud, but we could hear them throughout our stay. We got a great rate and so I was not too disappointed, but I was very glad I had a small fan to create noise.
I would consider staying here again at the price I received because the pros probably outweighed the cons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a balcony that faces the courtyard
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and for being our guest. Please accept my apologies for the directory in room not being updated. We will address this right away. As for our coffee, our property is delighted to offer complimentary coffee in each guest room and we do as you noted sell Starbucks in our Bistro.

Also, we normally do not have noise issues. Please accept my apologies for this as well.

We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed August 3, 2013

When my wife and I checked into the hotel, we stopped in our room briefly to drop off our luggage, etc. During this brief time, I noticed the sink was cracked and the TV had no HD signal. I called to let the staff know about this (I wanted mainly to let them know about the sink, and that I had not caused the crack!). The person taking my call let me know someone would check it out soon. I let her know that there was no rush since we were about to leave for a family function.

Well, when we returned a few hours later, there was a new sink and the TV received all available channels. I don't know how anyone could expect better than that!

We stay at this hotel regularly, and have never been disappointed by the accommodations, and even more important, the staff is outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback and for being our guest. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced with your room during your last stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that our guests have a perfect and problem free stay. Unfortunately, this does not happen in every case and I am happy to hear that our team responded accordingly.

We look forward to serving you again soon.'

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendota Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!