“close to the airport, but not too close”

Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“close to the airport, but not too close”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This place is conveniently located right off the interstate about 15 minutes from the airport. There were a few noisy guests staying here with some rather excited children so between them and the airplanes it wasn't the quietest hotel, but it was clean and the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: My room didn't face the interstate, but I'm sure that those must get some additional noise f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for being our guest and for your feedback. I am sorry that it took 15 minutes to reach our hotel. Our property is located a short 5.5 miles from the Minneapolis St Paul Airport and the airport hotels are located between 4 to 6 miles from the terminals. Our complimentary airport shuttle takes 8 minutes to reach the hotel/airport and 7 minutes to reach the Mall of America.

Please accept my apologies for the noise from the other guests that you experienced during your stay with us as well. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Mike Mitchell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
WI
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked 3 rooms here for myself and my husband, his sister and her husband, and my mother in law....but upon checking in, they informed me that they only had 1 room for me...BIG PROBLEM! It took like a half hour for her to find my other 2 reservations (I had to pull up my confirmation email showing 3 rooms had been prepaid before she believed me and then conveniently found the other 2 rooms...she was initially trying to make me purchase 2 more rooms at the higher rate for that night...I got them cheaper because I booked in advance and prepaid for all 3 rooms up front). The customer service here was very lacking. The room was nice, clean, had a balcony, and the bathroom was clean. Based on that, I'd consider staying here again...however, based on the customer service (or lack thereof) upon check in, I can't recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback and for being our guest. Please accept my apologies for the confusion with your reservation. Our team prides themselves on customer service and it appears that we did not succeed during your check in with us. I will follow up with our team about this and follow up with you.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The motel is very conveniently located to the Mall of America and the Minneapolis airport. The price was an excellent value for a Marriott. I had a rate of $59 for a weekend rate. My only complaint was I could hear a person snoring in the adjacent room and this made it tough to get a good nights sleep. The walls must be pretty thin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and being our guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel staff was very friendly and personable - at the front desk and especially at the Bistro. The breakfast add-on cost an extra $10 per night for breakfast (for up to 2 adults and 2 children), and it was well worth it. The room was clean and in very nice condition. The queen bed was comfortable. We were quite satisfied by the experience as a whole.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for you kind comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Lake Elsinore, California
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is typical courtyard. The location is airport close. So no great surprises, except for the bistro. Not a great selection of food, but I had a nice French dip sandwich, tasty. The secret jewel is Melinda the bartender. She remembers everyone's name, makes every guest feel like they are the most important person in the room. Great energy, great person skills, great experience. Marriott, get her to teach all your employees and give her a raise.
I would come back and hope that she was still here or had trained her replacements.
Thanks, Melinda and thanks Marriott for hiring such quality employees

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BernDude
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments about Melinda and for being our guest. She is a fantastic associate. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel the night before we were flying to Las Vegas. When i called the hotel after booking online to talk to the clerk about leaving our car at the hotel while we were away, the clerk who answered the phone told me there would be a $20 charge to leave the car there - I asked $20/ day? and he said no, $20 period. I thought wow good deal, great! When we checked in the clerk told us it would be $20/day - I told her about the conversation I had with the clerk I booked with and she gave us a discounted rate, but still $30 higher than our original rate. As well, I am fanatical about checking every single hotel we patronize for bed bugs - and while this hotel was not listed on the Bed Bug Registry, when I pulled back the sheets there was two dead bugs - as to if they were bed bugs or not I don't know, but I was grossed out. Back down to the front desk we went, we were provided with a lackluster I am "sorry about that" and a new set of key cards for a new room - yep they didn't work - back to the front desk again - for another set of keys to yet another room - being right beside the vending machines was not my first choice - 3rd room was ok - bed was clean, we got in the room with no problem, but I am having a hard time with the fact that this hotel's staff were not falling all over us - we found bugs in one of their beds, is this not a huge deal? We won't go back to this location again - bugs are not acceptable anywhere in a hotel room!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gordon24freak
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your last stay with us. In general, our property either charges $20 to leave your car or the guest would need to book at the park and fly rate which is still a great deal. I apologize for the confusion with the parking. In speaking to our team, the room was inspected and it was determined that there were no bed bugs in the room. As to the other pest issue, this would definitely be considered a major issue for us as our property is very clean and this is the first I have heard of an issue such as this. Courtyards and Marriott hotels do have an aggressive pest control program where our rooms are treated several times a year. I will follow up with you personally as well.

Madison, MS
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel. Staff nice and rooms are very nice. Hotel has pool, nice courtyard, nice work out room. Only thing that keeps it from getting perfect score is it is a little noisy from airport, which they cannot control.. It is close to many attractions. Would recommend here, if you are not a light sleeper.

• Stayed August 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendota Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!