“A string of poor service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
MN
“A string of poor service”
Reviewed March 17, 2010

1. Check-in process took over half an hour, and our preferred room was not ready - we ended up with a room across from the elevator, over the pool.
2. Key car reader did not work. We returned to the desk to notify them, and were told someone was already on the way to fix it. We had to wait outside the room with our bags and children for over 10 minutes before maintenance came.
3. Requested a crib, and were told it was also on its way to the room. It was not there, so we asked again. We left and returned several hours later at our child's bedtime and still no crib. When one finally arrived, the sheet did not fit the crib mattress.
4. Room was very hot and humid due to being above the pool, with no ability to control the temperature.
5. Only after we settled in and got the kids to bed, the pool area became extremely loud with large groups of kids until after 10:30 PM. The noise was very noticeable in our room.
6. Kids (and even adults) yelling in the hallways until after 11 PM, and once again at 4 AM which woke us up.
7. Told the front desk about all these problems in the morning, and no resolution was offered. I feel that at the very least a partial refund was in order.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank drdadr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lovettsville, Virginia
Reviewed February 6, 2010

My flight to Dulles was cancelled due to weather so I ended up staying at the Fairfield Inn near the MSP airport. The Fairfield has a van that will pick you up and take you to the airport 24 hours a day. It will also take you to the Mall of America and a few other places nearby. The rooms look like it has been refurbished and looked good. The room was very clean and included free WiFi Internet and coffee maker with coffee. The bed was comfortable and TV had numerous cable channels to choose from. The rate included a free continental breakfast which was typical for a Fairfield Inn. If I happen to be in the area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Denver
Reviewed January 19, 2010

After arriving back to the hotel from dinner I found no parking places in the parking lot. I went inside to ask for help parking and found nobody at the front desk. I was forced to wait in the lobby when I really just wanted to be in bed. When somebody finally came back to the desk, he informed me that I needed to park at the next hotel down the street and walk back through the snow. Since I wasn't wearing boots, I soaked my socks, shoes, and pants in the snow.

Upon getting back to my room, I tried over 20 times to call the front desk to set a wake up call. Each time I tried, either nobody answered or I was hung up on. I was never able to set the wake up call.

If you decide to stay there, you are basically on your own to figure things out. There are plenty of good options in the area. Needless to say, I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Stayed here one night at the start of a "Hockey Tour"(3 games in 4 nights!). This is a great location. Very close to the airport and Mall of America (A fantasyland for a girl). Went to a Minnesota Wild game that evening; it was about 9 miles away. The hotel seems recently renovated. It was very clean and comfortable. Pretty basic, I couldn't ask for much more. Good rate for a weekday. There is a really beautiful Catholic church a few miles down Pilot Knob road, if you need one! OH, really good burger place in St. Paul, near Excel, called The Nook. I recommend!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Valley Springs, SD
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The hotel is close to the airport with free shuttle. I stayed one night for work and it was fine for me. There are no restaurants or anything really within walking distance. The shuttle will take you within 5 miles of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
San Diego
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The staff were very friendly, sincere, and helpful. They went out of their way to help us find our way around the area, printed a map to Starbucks, etc. The room was very clean; bed was comfortable. We're staying again in a few days. Close to the airport and very affordable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have stayed here several times and have always been pleased. Nice room, ok breakfast, nice pool, and great location for Mall of America, Airport, and downtown St. Paul.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!