“Good place to stay for an early morning flight”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Large room. Great Bed. Typical Marriott Fairfield. Glad to see that the quality remains consistent. This is probably the fourth Fairfield I have stayed in this year and I will keep coming back. If the quality remains this consistent across the board and this good of a value. Marriott will maintain my loyalty. Cheers!!!

• Stayed: December 2008

Reviewed June 19, 2008

I was just trying to find an nice, inexpensive hotel to overnight in, on a return trip from San Diego. Well I found it. My total bill was under $85 tax INCLUDED - for five of us (my 3 young sons can fit in a queen bed) on a Saturday night.
Pool was small and a bit cool, but clean - and the boys enjoyed it .
Free breakfast was terrific - lots of variety: boiled eggs, various pastries, hot and cold cereals, waffle station, breakfast wraps (were all gone by the time we got there, late).
The deskstaff was friendly and helpful with questions.
The hotel is very conveniently located to MSP airport, Mall of America, I-35E and the 494 ring road.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2007

A delayed flight forced us to stay overnight in Minneapolis. I selected this hotel because it was very close to the airport.

The hotel is very close to the airport and easy to find. They also have an airport shuttle. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. Everything was very clean. The staff were very friendly and nice. The room was quite inexpensive.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trvlbum18
Reviewed November 8, 2006

First, the good:

The location was great--right by the MSP airport and I enjoyed the views of the runway. The free shuttle to the Mall of America was good (no hunting for parking spaces!) and quick. The free continental breakfast was ok too.... there wasn't much variety, but it was a free breakfast, so I wasn't expecting much.

The bad:

The business center's internet service was a joke--not sure if it was dialup or just slow, but I gave up on checking my e-mail and decided that I'd wait until I got home. Some might not enjoy hearing jets constantly landing and taking off over the hotel (although I didn't mind--I'm a geek like that).

The ugly:

The elevator had a horrible stench--kind of like a smelly locker room and more than a little musty. My room also had a slight musty odor. My co-workers also mentioned the smell.

Next time, I'll stay at the Courtyard next door instead.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank alligeek
Reviewed November 5, 2006

This hotel is an excellent value. It is simple but clean and the beds are very comfortable. It is reasonably priced and I've stayed at much more expensive hotels over in Bloomington that were not as nice as this one and didn't provide the breakfast that this one does. It has plenty of amenities including a fitness center, a pool, laundry room, in room coffee maker, and free WiFi. Another big bonus is that it is located in quiet neighborhood that is not nearly as noisy as the mall location and it's far enough from the freeway to not have that noise to deal with. If you simply MUST go to the mall it has a free shuttle to the mall, the airport, restaurants, and they even took me to a drugstore. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. If you're looking for a nice quiet airport hotel I highly recommend. I've tried others but I always come back here.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank have powerpoint will travel
A TripAdvisor Member
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed February 20, 2006

This hotel is a "no-frills" accomodation. After all, it caters more for the business traveler who is only staying one or two nights. The rooms are so-so, but very clean. The room size is adequet for two adults. Lots of cable channels and lighting in the room, but there is only one flourescent light in the bathroom, which makes you look like the "walking dead". The bed was very comfortable. The Fairfield Inn & Suites MSP was advertising outside on the out lawn their new pillow top mattress. I must say, the bed was very comfortable. However, it seems they purchased the cheapest sheets they could find. It felt like you were sleeping on sandpaper. Also, there are no conforters on the bed, only a thin blanket and a decorative bed cover which only covers the foot of the bed. The heat in the room was very good, though, and warmed the room quickly. The free breakfast was excellent. Don't expect eggs and bacon, though. They had plenty of coffee and a variety of juices. They also offered danishes, bagels, doughnuts, muffins, and bread for toasting. Also, plenty of jellies and cream cheese. I was pleasantly please with the offerings. Just remember, its more of a continental breakfast. The Fairfield also had plenty of USA Today's each weekday, as well as a local paper. The highlight of the hotel is its staff. I think they are among the most friendly of all the hotels I have stayed at. Don't expect them to whipe your butt for you, but they do go out of their way to make sure you have plenty of towels, etc. The shuttle drivers were very nice. The Fairfield offered a shuttle to and from MSP and the Mall of America. If you are arriving at MSP, just go down to baggage claim and go to the bank of telephones that are next to a flat touch screen. Select the Fairfield and it will automatically connect you. Then, just ask to be picked-up. I think reservations could have been better in explaining this process to us when we arrived at MSP, but after asking around at the airport, we were directed to those telephones. The shuttle arrived about 10 minutes later. The drivers were very friendly and I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes for a ride. Just be aware that if you are going to the Mall of America, you may have to swing by MSP to pick-up some arriving passengers. They also have WiFi internet access. Just open up your browser and call the front desk for the password. I also discovered the business center right accross from the pool. They had a printer in there connected to a desktop, which was convenient for me to check in with the airline and print our boarding passes. The pool is very small and was overrun with kids. There is a hot tub off from the pool, but we didn't go in it because it looked really dirty. There was some black stuff on the sides and stuff floating in the water. It was really gross. All in all, I would stay again at the Fairfield.

• Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Fargo, ND
Reviewed April 18, 2004

Away from the congestion of the Mall of America area, but conveniently located just off I-494, is this recently updated Fairfield Inn & Suites. With free high speed internet access and pillowtop beds, this is the value conscious traveler's dream. The pool is new, the breakfast more than adequate, and the staff is friendly and attentive. With easy access to the MOA, airport, and St. Paul this Marriott product is a diamond in the rough... until others discover it.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!