Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Reviewed January 29, 2014

First time staying here. The hotel is right next to the airport and the shuttle makes it easy to catch a flight whenever you need. The staff is very friendly as compared to most hotels in this category and they went out of their way to make me feel welcome when I checked in. There are not a lot of options near the hotel when it comes to restaurants or convenience stores, but the staff gave me some menus for some local delivery places on check-in. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the breakfast is pretty good. Can't beat the value in this one. Obviously the management is fully engaged in the day to day operation of this facility and they do a good job hiring nice people.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This hotel has terrific amenities including an indoor pool, hot tub and small fitness room. The free breakfast includes nice hot options, as well as cold. They also offer courtesy shuttle service to and from businesses within a 5 mile radius, making it easy for guests without cars to get meals, flights or even go to the Mall of America.

The staff is friendly, and the site is clean. The rooms contain a variety of pillows, ensuring comfort and pantene shampoo and conditioner are provided.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The people here are what make this hotel great. They have a 24 hour shuttle to the airport, and if you happen to leave for the airport before breakfast, they make you a bag breakfast to go. The people remember you, and work hard to make everything work out right. They even understand if you are crabby with minimal sleep!!!! Always stay here before an early flight.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are quieter, and stay away from the pool area
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I know this property was "updated" a few years ago, but it is just seeming sort of tired. Lots of cracked tiles in the bathroom, bad odors in the corridors, worn looking breakfast area.

Service wasn't particularly attentive. And some obvious things were ignored. For example, we were there when it was extremely cold out. Yet, the automatic doors would open, and stay open, whenever anyone was at the front desk. That made the whole reception area, and the breakfast area, way too cold for comfort. Doors like that can be adjusted, but clearly the hotel hadn't. We asked at the desk (where the reception person was wearing a coat) and the person acted like no one had ever thought of it.

Also, while the breakfast was OK, it just didn't seem like the same quality or attentiveness as other Fairfields. For example, spills and dirty tables were left uncleaned for too long. While guest obviously should clean up after themselves, if they don't the hotel should take some ownership to do so.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear KenMKE,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your expectations were not met while you were our guest. I appreciate your feedback, and will use it to better our hotel for future guests. I hope that you might allow us another opportunity to serve you should you find yourself in the area again.

Hope K.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel is very close to the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport making it convenient if dropping someone off or picking someone up. The hotel also has a shuttle to the airport which came in very handy for my girlfriend and I.
I woke up in the morning after staying the night to a wonderful breakfast in the lobby area. A variety of choices on the breakfast menu is enough to satisfy any size morning appetite. There was a well rounded variety of food items which also made the breakfast enjoyable.
The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would gladly stay again.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport for business numerous times over the past year. Always a good stay.

The front desk staff is friendly and after my second stay, always greeted me by name as I walked in the door. My husband stayed there and they greeted him as well and asked where I was! Nice to be recognized whether I'm there or not.

The breakfast buffet is great, although really crowded most mornings. I usually grab something to go and the hotel staff will bag it up for you. Very nice. The Courtyard next door does do the 'Bistro' thing and you can get something to eat in the evening there. Restaurants are relatively close, and when I was there last, the airport shuttle would take you to local restaurants if you didn't have a vehicle and come back to pick you up when you were done with your meal. Other than the Courtyard, there are NO restaurants within walking distance.

Due to the room rates and the proximity to the airport, sometimes it can be noisy, but when I've called to the front desk (always after 2200) they've been able to address my concerns and the noise level goes down. You can't fault kids for being excited!! There do seem to be many high school and college sports teams staying at this property...thus the rather loud enthusiasm some evenings...especially if they win.

Housekeeping is great and very friendly. When I've requested a late check-out, I've never been disturbed with the tap-tap-tap-housekeeping! Rooms are clean and bathrooms well stocked.

I always enjoy my stay at this property.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the 4th floor. Sometimes on the lower floors you can hear the people above you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Can't say enough positive about this hotel and especially its staff - everyone we dealt with was extremely friendly and helpful. For a very reasonable price we enjoyed all the hotel's amenities (indoor pool, whirlpool, complimentary hot breakfast, clean room, comfy beds, convenience to I-494, 24-hour complimentary shuttle) and were thoroughly pleased. Because of the shuttle service, we parked the car at the beginning of our 3-night stay and didn't have to use it again till we left. The shuttle took us everywhere we needed to go (Le Cordon Bleu college, Mall of America, light rail station), even to church and back! Highly recommend this place - and do check out riding the light rail directly to downtown from the Mall of America or any of several points south of downtown. Sure cuts down on frustration! Kudos to the Fairfield staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!