Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
$111
Snelling Motel(Minneapolis)
$90
$128
All reviewsshuttle servicesausage gravymaintenance stafffree breakfastwithin milesrental carcomfortable bedsan early flightyogurtshort stayquiet neighborhoodnice hotelflight pathst paulbusiness centermorning breakfastmake your own waffles
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and provides excellent service. A scrumptious full breakfast in the morning as well as shuttle service to MSP, MOA, IKEA, and other nearby attractions. The staff are friendly and are willing to help the traveler be comfortable and feel welcomed.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank sbritton3
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Typical Fairfield Inn with friendly staff, easy access to/from MSP airport and access to Mall of America. Is available for lower Marriott Rewards points than the properties at MOA. A/C unit was a bit temperamental but not a big deal. Very good overall value. Would readily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Every year, we make this trip with the family to spend time in Minneapolis, see the sights, and do the usual reunion activities. In the past, we've styed at another chain. It's cheap, and there's little else to say about that one.

Since we had decided to spend time at the Mall of America, I looked for something closer to it, and found the Fairfield. Reviews suggested it would be a decent place, and they did not lead me wrong. I made the reservations and thought no more about it ... Until I had a surgery which leaves me temporarily handicapped. I had to call the hotel and alter one of the rooms to be a handicap room. The person at the property said it would be no problem, and it wasn't. Until we got there. What I was not prepared for was the higher price.

Yes, they charge $10 higher for a handicap room. It's not much, sure, but still ... it seems wrong.

The property itself is quite nice. The rooms seemed new, as though they had either been built or remodeled recently. The staff, every single one, was nice, pleasant, and friendly. The morning breakfast buffet ran smoothly and had a nice variety. WIth hours ranging from 5-9, everyone in our group could go at their convenience without waiting for everyone else to be ready ... bonus.

There was a small swimming pool, a spa, and a workout room available, though I didn't have time to take advantage of them. Next year, maybe we'll spend an extra day just so I can.

The beds were very comfortable and came with extra pillows.

It's right down the road from the Mall, and took maybe 5 minutes total from the parking lot of one to the parking garage of the other. Because of how close we were to the airport, I wondered if we'd be kept awake all night from the noise. I needn't have worried - the rooms are completely soundproofed. Even though there were rooms right next to ours with children, I didn't hear a peep from any direction all night.

Room Tip: All the rooms in our group seemed nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank OmahaStar
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This Fairfield Inn was a nice property, typical for these Marriott properties. The beds are comfortable and it was modern and clean. It is, however, an airport hotel. There is not anything around it to walk to. You can hear planes and the highway traffic--a constant hum that is not horrible, but it is not a "peace and quiet" kind of location. The staff was very hospitable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We loved our stay at this hotel. Both the hostess who checked us in and who checked us out, were wonderful. Their friendliness was above and beyond any other hotel staff that I have encountered. The room was also very clean and updated. We plan to recommend this hotel to people coming to visit us in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business