“Decent hotel near airport” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Volga, South Dakota
“Decent hotel near airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I found this to be a decent hotel near the Minneapolis airport. It was in a quiet area, because I didn't hear planes roaring overhead at all. The beds were medium firmness and quite comfortable. The hotel has a shuttle which takes you to the airport, which worked well. I don't have anything bad to say about his hotel. The air conditioning worked well, and the water temperature stayed constant during my shower, which are both pluses.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lovemonkeysd
MendotaHeightsFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I appreciate your kind comments about the staff; they work diligently to provide great service. We appreciate your business and hope you get the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Thanks again!

Pam Nicholson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hickory
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you want to save loads of money and still have a very decent, comfortable hotel with a pool, exercise room, hot tube and free morning breakfast, alond with being very convenient to the major interstate system and 10 minutes from the airport, this is it. I am certain rates could vary, but we paid $76/night before taxes. Unbelievable. I am a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, which means that I stay a lot of nights outside of the norm at Marriotts. I rarely stay at a full Marriott as they are too expensive, but I have learned that Fairfields can be a great hotel and bargain. THis one is absolutely the best so far! You can get anywhere in Minneapolis/St. Paul easily. I know. I lived in Mendota Heights for nearly 15 years. Save your money for all the other wonderful items on your agenda in the Twin Cities!

Room Tip: The higher the better. Ask about not being next to young families with children or partiers. This...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Terrance C
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Fairfield Inn is close to the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, and it was a good place to stay when we dropped off the rental car the night before our flight home. The hotel is located in a business park with a Marriott Courtyard hotel next door.Other than a bistro at the sister property, there are no restaurants nearby.The hotel shuttle, however, does provide transportation to restaurants and businesses (including the Mall of the Americas) within 5 miles of the Fairfield property. At check-in we were given a list of restaurants and a binder of their menus by the helpful staff member on duty at the Front Desk. The only other choice for a meal is something from the on-site "market" which has snacks, soft drinks, and microwaveable items for sale. Our room was brightly decorated with a tropical theme. Although the room and bathroom were small, they were more than adequate for an overnight stay. An iron and ironing board were in the room, and the wifi was complimentary and reliable. Breakfast, included in the price, featured yogurt, eggs, microwaveable breafast sandwiches, waffles, pastries, fruit, cereals, juice, tea, and coffee. There were also packed breakfast bags for those who had to eat on the go. Overall, the hotel was comfortable and included good shuttle transportation, an indoor pool, breakfast, and wifi at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was watching my son wrestle at the USA Wrestling championships in Fargo, North Dakota. The nearest airport I could fly (standby) into was Minneapolis (MSP). After he was eliminated from the tournament, I booked a last minute room online and drove to the airport to return my car. I called the shuttle and was picked up by Scott their shuttle driver. He was super friendly and when we arrived I was checked in by a gentleman named Lander who asked me if I had a floor preference (he gave me the top floor). Mind you, I had bought this room discounted online. I mentioned that I was leaving at 5 A.M. to catch another standby flight and was wondering if there would be anything at the breakfast bar which opened at six. He looked at me and promised that there would be food waiting for me and that there was no way I was leaving there hungry. 10 minutes after I settled into my room, Lander called to make sure if there was anything else they could do to make my stay any better.
Wow.
The room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. I had driven about 240 miles so I decided to use the jacuzzi to relax my back. The whole pool area was spotless and the spa area was immaculate. While I was there, the maintenance man came by to make sure the temperature was pleasant enough. Afterwards, I asked about restaurants and they told me their shuttle would take me anywhere within five miles. Their shuttle is by request (24 hour service) and set up to meet customer needs. Scott the shuttle driver was very informative and dropped me off at Mall of America so I could find a place to eat and be a tourist. When I called later, he was there within 10 minutes. The next morning there to go bags for breakfast, and the gentleman in charge had set up a variety of microwavable breakfast sandwiches so I could heat one up. The shuttle left on time and I was able to fly out back to California (standby) without a hitch. Between my two boys doing sports, coaching, and fishing trips, I spend about 15-25 nights a year in hotels. This stay ranks as one of my top five all time.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back may have less airplane noise. Was not a big problem to me.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank OldCoach
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I've often stayed at this Fairfield, because it's handy to the Mall of America, the Airport and to downtown St Paul (just a short trip if you have a car down 35E). Overall it's very good value. Quiet suburban location (yes you hear the planes occasionally but that's life near the airport anywhere), good rooms, friendly staff, good breakfast.

Room Tip: Try and get a room higher up and facing east - away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My entire family stayed here. We wanted to tour the Mall of America and downtown Minnesota, and the hotel staff was awesome. The rooms were cleaned each day, and the complimentary breakfast was great. The hotel does offer a complimentary 24 hr. shuttle to and from the MSP airport. My husband, my mother and my three girls stayed here for 3 days, and we were extremely impressed with everything. The rooms we rented were king suites, and those rooms have a refrigerator and a microwave.The staff made us feel at home. I would stay here again.

-writergirl

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ros34
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Well located for arriving an departing from MSP.

Hotel offers a free scheduled 24hr per day shuttle to and from the airport. They also do runs to Mall of America if that's your destination.

If your focus is downtown Minneapolis then you most likely should get a rental car.

The hotel has a nice indoor pool and spa. The exercise room is useable but does not have much beyond a basic treadmill and stationary bicycle.

Rooms are large and clean with flat screen TVs.

Beds are comfortable but I was woken up a few times in the night by room doors being slammed. They may want to consider dampening door closers!

The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was very good. They had breads, pastries, yogurts, fresh fruit, a waffle machine and prepackaged breakfast sandwiches as well as the usual beverages.

I would stay here again for location, value, facilities and the warm hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendota Heights
Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Holiday Inn Minneapolis Arpt SE - Mall Area

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!