Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsshuttle servicesausage gravymaintenance stafffree breakfastwithin milesrental carcomfortable bedsan early flightyogurtshort stayquiet neighborhoodnice hotelflight pathst paulbusiness centermorning breakfastmake your own waffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Overall it was a wonderful stay here with all the necessary aminities..looking forward to be a guest again..

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank RCDas
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We hadn't stayed at a Fairfield Inn in quite awhile but decided to give it a try on our trip to St. Paul for the Frozen Four. The location to St. Paul was very good. The staff was consistently friendly, going out of their way to find out if there was anything they could do for us. The rooms were comfortable and very quiet despite the hotel being sold out for the weekend. They anticipated the big crowd by opening up an overflow room during the continental breakfast so that people didn't have to take their food back to their rooms. All in all, the price was right and we're very glad we picked this hotel and would stay there again upon another visit to the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2011

In town to visit the Mall of America. We were a little nervous because this Fairfield was much less than the others in the area. What a pleasant surprise. Mendota Heights is the next town east of Bloomington and the mall was only a 10 minute drive down the freeway. The city taxes are also much lower here which saved us even more. We were upgraded to a king suite upon check in. The room had 2 huge flat panel Tvs. The hotel was full that night but inside the room it was very quiet. The pool area is small but nice. Breakfast seemed better than other Fairfields we've stayed at. The fruit was super fresh. One nice touch is a frozen food vending machine on our floor that had ice cream treats and pizzas etc. Great value here. We'll be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This hotel is a newly renovated old hotel. Yes, it's clean but the rooms are very small. The hotel is in an isolated area with no restaurants or eateries nearby. I can deal with all of that, but what I can't deal with is the noise!

I arrived very late after a tremendously long and stressful day. By the time I got to my room and got settled it was after 1:00 am. Looking forward to sleeping-in as my outgoing flight wasn't until 2:00 pm the following afternoon.

At 9:00 I was awakened by the housekeeping staff outside my room. They had literally parked 3 housekeeping carts right outside my door and were using them as a base of operations to clean all of the other nearby rooms. So there was a lot of talking and rustling about. The noise escalated until the housekeeping staff were actually yelling to each other from down the hallway and from room to room. Obviously oblivious to my "DO NOT DISTURB" sign hanging on the door. (room 222)

Finally at 10:00 I yanked the door open and was able to make contact with one of the staff. I simply put my finger to my lips and said "Shhhhhhh!" and then pointed to the do not disturb sign. She looked shocked, like she'd never even considered the fact that she was working in a hotel where people might be sleeping!

The noise subsided for a while and then increased again. I finally just got out of bed and checked out. I wasn't able to communicate my displeasure to the front desk staff as they were too busy talking to each other. The van driver was ready to leave for the airport so I simply left my key on the front desk counter and left. What a disappointment this hotel was!

I'm a Marriott rewards Gold level member and I stay in over 200 hotels a year. I prefer Marriott hotels, but I will not be staying here again. My recommendation is that until management is able to either muzzle or train its housekeeping staff about the necessity to work quietly is that you must surely AVOID, AVOID, AVOID this hotel. I am now writing a letter to Marriott corporation to complain about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DeltaSkyKing
Reviewed December 6, 2010

We stayed at this hotel in late November.The front desk staff were great! Melissa was fantastic! The continental breakfast was very good. The 24 hour shuttle service was great.... to the mall and the airport...the drivers were very friendly. The room was comfortable.... the maid service was slightly lacking....forgot our towels....also they had a policy that they would not touch anything on the bed, so if you left something on the bed, they would not make it.... never had that happen before....perhaps they should have something in the room that warns you of this, as we found it unusual. Ohter than that it was GREAT value. We found overall MSP a great place to visit...we hope to visit again!!!!!

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
MendotaHeightsFF_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Thank you for your feedback and compliments on our hotel and staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our staff works hard to ensure the best possible stay for our guests and it’s always nice to hear their hard work is being noticed. We hope you will continue to look for the Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport next time you stay in the area!