The first thing we noticed was that the room smelled very bad, but we figured we had one of the "dog" rooms so we couldn't be picky. We opened the window to air out the room. We then set about feeding our small children and unpacking the car. It was after we took care of the children that we began to uncover problems with our room.
- Chunks of food or garbage hidden underneath the dust ruffle of the bed (our 7 month old found these as she tried to put them in her mouth).
- Sink drain that did not close
- Sticky floor in the bathroom (damp towel took care of it)
- Toothpaste on the sink faucet
We figured it was more of a hassle to complain and re-pack and wake the kids than it was to just be tolerant and go to bed. Besides, housekeeping would clean the room the next day, and we had already wiped down the bathroom and picked up the offending chunks on the floor.
The next morning our 2 year old son was playing hide&seek behind the chair and found a broken piece of desk trim with nails sticking out of it. We told him not to touch it and kept him away from it.
We shared with management that we can tolerate a few housekeeping errors, but the total number of cleanliness errors was just too many to stomach. Plus our son was put into real danger when the broken piece of desk trim was hidden behind the chair, and not taken care of before our arrival. We told her we expected a discount, as we did not recieve the service for which we paid. She shared with us that she was not in a position to make that decision but would pass our concerns on to the manager.
That afternoon, the manager called us at home, under the pretext of gathering data. Instead he took on a combative tone and accused us of "leaving the room a mess" and "breaking the desk." In addition:
- He accused us of telling the housekeeper not to come back, that we didn't want our room cleaned.
- He accused us of making up the cleanliness issues just to get a discount.
- He then told us there was dog hair in our room (of course there was, we had our dog with us) and it took the housekeeper longer than normal to vacuum the room (again, had she vacuumed it the day before?).
In actuality, we took pains to leave the room cleaner than we found it by 1) stripping the bed, 2) gathering the towels and 3)bagging all of the garbage into three convenient bags near the door
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Reservation Counter, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Marshall MN reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super Eight Marshall
- Super 8 Marshall
- Marshall Super 8
- Marshall Super Eight