“Don't plan on staying again”

Super 8 Marshall MN
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Marshall
Alexandria, Minnesota
“Don't plan on staying again”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was not impressed at all. There is no carpeting in the hallways, so all noise from the hallways echo. Our door would not latch unless you gave it a good hard push (which created alot of noise). The room smelled musty and although the A/C unit was running and the room felt cool, everything felt damp in the room; especially the carpet. The free breakfast consisted of donuts and rolls (nothing healthy) but the coffee was good. The beds were fairly comfortable, but the pillows lacked any sort of comfort. I probably would not stay again unless it was my last option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rita B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perham, Minnesota
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A good hotel experience. It's Super 8, which means you usually can expect average. Here the lobby was really nice and the front desk people were very friendly, and made sure the stay was comfortable. My door key quit working and they were able to fix it, no problem. The room was very nice and your typical Super 8 stay.

My only issue was that the floors were wooden or some sort of tile, not carpet. It was very noisy at night sometimes with people coming and going. Doors would slam and you could hear it almost everywhere. Maybe if the floors were carpeted, there would be less noise.

Definitely book through the hotel website, I found a better deal there than any of the other travel sites.

No restaurant or fitness center here, hence the low ratings. Great location, near a lot of restaurants though and the Marshall Walmart.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a window view, mine I could not see out because of the roof, and I like to be abl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KristineS51
Colton, South Dakota
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I just wanted to take the time to say what great people there are in Marshall MN Shay, and Donna..
I have been staying at this hotel for years.. I just have to say they bend over backwards to make my stay a great one...
Big Shout out to SHAY and Donna, These 2 people are so helpful and very pleasant to visit with.. I get treated better there than I do at home...

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone... I will be staying there as long as they are there!!!

GREAT JOB!!!

Regards,
Mark D
Colton SD.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great hotel experience.. Clean rooms and friendly & courteous staff. Continental B'fast was good. Close to shopping and would definetly stay again. My experience with Hotels.com not so good, my advice is to go directly to the hotel in order to book. Even though Hotels.com stated free cancellation ...not true..I tried cancelling 3 days prior as I only needed to stay for one night vs. two and got the run-around. So heads up unless you know for sure that you are not going to cancel then I would defintely not book thru Hotels.com ...Talked with the hotel directly and they are going to comp me a night the next time I'm down. Nice and thanks again Super 8 at the front desk in Marshall, MN.

Jan V.