“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: Mexican
Minneota, Mn.
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

When this Mexican restaurant first opened, the food was excellent. We hadn't been there for a while so thought we would try it again. We were very disappointed to say the least. We should have had a clue by the lack of patrons right at lunch time. We were the only ones there for quite a while before two more couples came in. I ordered what I usually get and it was terrible. There was no flavor whatsoever. You expect a little spice even in Minnesota, but there was none. I only ate half or less of my food. I can say that the service was very good and friendly, although our waiter talked extremely loud as though we were deaf. We won't be going back.

• Visited May 2014

Marshall, Minnesota
“Pretty good for small town”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Good food, better than the place downtown. I tried the Hawaiian fajitas and they were just ok. I usually get the chimi which never let me down. Will def be back soon!

• Visited April 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“You will regret going”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Service was okay food nasty environment was alright I expected more I guess since it's a new restaurant but servers weren't friendly at all which is what makes or breaks a restaurant for me

• Visited December 2013
Ghent, MN
“New Buffet”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We love the El Rancho, so I hate to say anything negative. But the new buffet set up definitely needs some help! Basics like keeping items stocked (for instance, tortillas were hard to come by!), having bowls available for the salsa, making the cheese visible, etc. are the type of details that need to be worked out. On the plus side, the chicken fajita meat was much better than what I have gotten when I ordered chicken dishes off the menu and it is a great value for the money which was appreciated by my husband and son. I, myself, will stick to the menu next time. I am looking for better food, not huge quantities.

• Visited July 2013
Des Moines, IA
“Great service and tasty food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We enjoyed coming here on a Friday night. We got a double beef fajita that was delicious with lots of leftovers. They also serve you chips and salsa when you sit down. The salsa was pretty good, but I think the chips were corn based, not the flour tortillas we're used to so we didn't like those as much. But you can't complain when it's free! Our server was super friendly and the food came really fast. I'd go again.

• Visited July 2013