“Great service and tasty food”
Review of El Rancho

El Rancho
Ranked #27 of 45 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: Mexican
Des Moines, IA
“Great service and tasty food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We enjoyed coming here on a Friday night. We got a double beef fajita that was delicious with lots of leftovers. They also serve you chips and salsa when you sit down. The salsa was pretty good, but I think the chips were corn based, not the flour tortillas we're used to so we didn't like those as much. But you can't complain when it's free! Our server was super friendly and the food came really fast. I'd go again.

• Visited July 2013

Minnesota
“Food and service is very good! Owner is arrogant, takes business for granted.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Try anything on the menu, it is all very good food! The girls are very friendly servers and always very cheery. Too bad the owner isn't just a silent partner. He is very arrogant and crude. They will be successful because of the good food/service but I wont be back. The place downtown is doing a much better job since El Rancho came to town and the owners are very thankful that you choose to spend your money there.....Mariachi understands you have more than one option for good Mexican in this town.

• Visited June 2013
Lake Benton, Minnesota
“Pretty Good Mexican”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been to the restaurant a few times and it's pretty typical Mexican food. I had a quesidilla once and it was pretty plain. But I have had the fajitas and chimichanga and they were both very good. The service has always been great as well.

• Visited April 2013
“Best Mexican food in town!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We came for lunch on March 17 and were pleasantly surprised! We had eaten at the other mexican restaurant in town once and were disappointed with the flavor...not at all here! We were given delicious fresh chips n salsa while we looked over the menu and enjoyed some Jarritos. My husband ordered an appetizer of hot wings (extra hot and saucy!) and the Cancun special, both of which he loved. I ordered the Carne Asada and was blown away with the quality, flavors, and generous portions! Our waitress Yury was exceptionally attentive and took good care of us! We would recommend whole-heartedly a visit here as we felt very welcomed and left with happily filled bellies and some leftovers for later!

1 Thank Ajainyang
Ghent, MN
“Another new item tried”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I visited El Rancho for the fourth time Saturday evening. This was our first visit this time of day, and we were surprised how at how busy the restaurant was! There were many large family groups and some couples seated at tables. Each time we visit we try a new menu item. Each one has been reasonably priced and plentiful. This time, I tried Tierra Mar (Mexican surf and turf). It was flavorful, and I brought half my plate home to become a work lunch that I looked forward to revisiting. Our waiter recognized us and recommended the green salsa. It was so delicious, I kept going back for more even as my mouth burned! (Don't be afraid to try it -I am wimpy. My husband says it isn't that hot!) The waiter thoughtfully provided us with a pitcher of pepsi to refill our glasses. As usual, the service was fast. I can imagine El Rancho is a great place for lunch even if you have a short noon hour.

• Visited February 2013