AmericInn Lodge & Suites Marshall
$85
Excellent 5/5
Lamberton Motel(Lamberton)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgreat roomplace to stayan excellent hotelsmall townthe hotel staffin townking suitehot tubbagelseasy accessfree breakfastnewer hotellobby areagreat breakfasthot breakfastclean roomsmn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is my second week long visit to this hotel. Very pleasant staff and the hotel is in a nice location in town. Plenty of dining places nearby and easy accessibility to all major roadways. Shopping stores are a short distance away and rooms have a good fridge and microwave. The staff is very helpful and pleasant and rooms are clean. The pillows on the bed are a little soft but otherwise comfortable. The breakfast room is clean and bright and the variety of items available is acceptable. Coffee is always available in the main lobby and the pool is located in a good location off of the lobby. I recommend this hotel for both the business traveler and for families on vacation. This hotel is a very good value for the dollar and far above the other hotels located in Marshall for quality. Book in advance for the best deals.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

basic. clean. very good maintance. good free breakfast. 3 volleyball teams in for a tournment and i heard no noise. They advertise about their sound proof rooms, i believe them now. it was not fancy but kept up very well. Good staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I spent a week in September here while on work. The room was quite large and always clean. There isn't a whole lot to do in Marshall, MN so I was thankful to have a nice place to stay. Their party room is very large and swimming pool seemed very nice. The breakfast lacks fresh fruit aside from apples and oranges. And they were out of Orange Juice all week. The little cartons of milk provided are 1/2 a cup so if you like to have a full glass of milk you will need 2.
I received more shampoo and conditioner on Monday but they didn't put anymore in my room for the rest of the week and I had to ask for more.
I did appreciate the quietness of the rooms and with it right off the freeway, I never heard any freeway noises.
The internet was fast and for the most part reliable, however 1 night I was constantly kicked off while Skyping with my family, that can be very frustrating.
The staff has been very nice and showing that mid-western hospitality and courtsey.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the north side of the hotel. my room was on the southern side but facing east. I was unable to open my curtains as people in the rooms cadi-corner to mine would be able to see directly inside of my room. Also the sun comes right through the windows first thing in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Excellent hotel in Marshall. Very friendly staff, they make you feel at home. Nice pool area and clean quiet rooms. A variety of breakfast goodies are served each morning, only issue was sometimes I had to leave as early as 5 am so breakfast wasn't out yet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently stayed here with my Wife, her parents, and our 2 young boys. They were all very pleased with the stay and impressed with the quality of the rooms, the breakfast, and the pool. Particularly how warm (hot) the Whirlpool was.
- I stay here regularly by myself on business and this is the first time with the family.
- Rooms were clean and AmericInn is known for their quiet rooms which I appreciate when there are "teams" (hockey, volleyball, B-ball, etc...) in town for a tourney.
-Breakfast is generally very good. Apple or Orange juice from a machine. Milk in the mini-cartons, dry cereal, bagels, bread, muffins, yogurt, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs and such. But, the hot items is what I like the most. There are 2 waffle makers (boys loved the waffles), I like the biscuits with hot sausage-gravy, with a side of a round sausage patty, and scrambled eggs.
- Internet connection is VERY consistent, FREE, and FAST! Using speedtest.net, I get 10+ Mbps down and 2Mpbs upload speed which is wonderful for work and uploading photos and such.
- Televisions are flat panels, clear images, good channel selections, and the TV's aren't huge.
- Beds are comfortable and pillows are good.
- Showers have plenty of hot water and the bathrooms are standard "hotel" (small) size with the sinks just outside the shower/toilet door.
- The staff here has been wonderful. They are very helpful and accommodating.

Just to comment. The AmericInn "ranking" appears to have been "pulled down" by what appear to be 4 reviews about the "same" experience by some "hockey" people.... I've met these types before and they are the nicest people as long as they get to do what they want, when they want, and how they want to do it. They were clearly in the "WRONG" if someone had to ask them to be quiet, regardless of where they were in the hotel. Respectful and responsible guests just never do anything that would even come close to needing intervention by hotel staff, let alone calling the police... assuming that what they said is even true.

I will be back here to stay again. If you need to stay in town on business, you can count on a quiet room, hot breakfast, and FAST internet. If you're here with family, like I was, the pool area is great and the included breakfast is a Bonus!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quietest, except in a thunderstorm, then you'll hear the heavy rain and thunder more than on 1st or 2nd. All the single QUEEN bed rooms, face the highway, so there is just a little more noise, but not a problem. The King bed rooms are really nice with the larger beds, and I think I had cotton robes in that room that you don't get in the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family