“Nice Place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Marshall
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Excellent hotel in Marshall. Very friendly staff, they make you feel at home. Nice pool area and clean quiet rooms. A variety of breakfast goodies are served each morning, only issue was sometimes I had to leave as early as 5 am so breakfast wasn't out yet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently stayed here with my Wife, her parents, and our 2 young boys. They were all very pleased with the stay and impressed with the quality of the rooms, the breakfast, and the pool. Particularly how warm (hot) the Whirlpool was.
- I stay here regularly by myself on business and this is the first time with the family.
- Rooms were clean and AmericInn is known for their quiet rooms which I appreciate when there are "teams" (hockey, volleyball, B-ball, etc...) in town for a tourney.
-Breakfast is generally very good. Apple or Orange juice from a machine. Milk in the mini-cartons, dry cereal, bagels, bread, muffins, yogurt, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs and such. But, the hot items is what I like the most. There are 2 waffle makers (boys loved the waffles), I like the biscuits with hot sausage-gravy, with a side of a round sausage patty, and scrambled eggs.
- Internet connection is VERY consistent, FREE, and FAST! Using speedtest.net, I get 10+ Mbps down and 2Mpbs upload speed which is wonderful for work and uploading photos and such.
- Televisions are flat panels, clear images, good channel selections, and the TV's aren't huge.
- Beds are comfortable and pillows are good.
- Showers have plenty of hot water and the bathrooms are standard "hotel" (small) size with the sinks just outside the shower/toilet door.
- The staff here has been wonderful. They are very helpful and accommodating.

Just to comment. The AmericInn "ranking" appears to have been "pulled down" by what appear to be 4 reviews about the "same" experience by some "hockey" people.... I've met these types before and they are the nicest people as long as they get to do what they want, when they want, and how they want to do it. They were clearly in the "WRONG" if someone had to ask them to be quiet, regardless of where they were in the hotel. Respectful and responsible guests just never do anything that would even come close to needing intervention by hotel staff, let alone calling the police... assuming that what they said is even true.

I will be back here to stay again. If you need to stay in town on business, you can count on a quiet room, hot breakfast, and FAST internet. If you're here with family, like I was, the pool area is great and the included breakfast is a Bonus!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quietest, except in a thunderstorm, then you'll hear the heavy rain and thunder mor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Watertown, South Dakota
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We held a baby shower in one of the party rooms. They provided drinks and we brought the food in. Jeff was very friendly and helpful. He went out of his way to make sure the room was set up how we wanted it and that we had everything we needed.

Wisconsin
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We arrived early and with a little coaxing we were able to check in early. They said the place was full lat night and there were only 4 people cleaning, and check in was really at 3 pm. As a customer I really don't care to hear their issues. Finally someone did check and the room would be ready in a few minute, whatever that means.

Beds were comfortable, the shower spray was good, the air conditioner was not too noisy. The tub and toilet were crammed into one little space, that was strange. Breakfast was adequate with some nice biscuits available.

I think I would opt to try another place next time in Marshall to see if this is the best they can do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I found this to be the most handicap accessible hotel we have stayed at. We did not have a chance to use the pool, but they even have a lift to help a wheelchair bound person get in and out of the pool The room was spacious, clean, and the grab bars were in logical places in the bathroom. The breakfast was good, with a couple of hot offerings in addition to the usual continental options. My only issue was the parking lot, which had big holes and the van accessible spot was a bit short for my big bus, so I blocked in another patron whenever I parked. Oh, and my mother was a bit nervous when she drove her power chair into the elevator and it groaned under the weight, but it made it up and down every trip.

Minneapolis
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family has stayed at this motel many times. The rooms are clean, the pool enjoyable, and service quickly provided. The breakfast is a high-value for the money definitely beating out other lodgings in the area. My entire family could find *something* to eat including my gluten-free child and my vegan child.

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff, I came down during the snow storm and was able to check in early without extra cost. The parking lot wasn't plowed until later in the day. I wish there was a small gym here, but the pool was nice!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo