“Good food ,Great prices.”

Duc's Vietnamese & Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 57 Restaurants in Maplewood
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Chinese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
“Good food ,Great prices.”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This restaurant is less than a mile from our home. We have been here at least 4 times so far. Every time the food was good and I think the prices are great. Have enjoyed the fried rice, crispy spring rolls,egg foo young and Moo Goo Gai Pan.

• Visited November 2013

Oakdale, MN
“Can always count on a good meal.”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Very good veitnamese food. Try the beef and potatoes and the curry chicken. Excellent Egg Rolls. Love it.

Visited March 2012
“I would go back”
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Pretty good food not great price. It was expensive for what you get but overall probably worth it. If the price had more value I would return many times.

California
“Mediocre Vietnamese food, limited selection”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Sought this restaurant out because it was on a "local restaurant" brochure from my hotel in St. Paul. The menu is really more heavy on Chinese food than Vietnamese - only 1 page of Vietnamese items. I ordered the vermicelli salad (usually known as Bun in other Vietnamese places). Since I order this dish a lot, I use it to compare the quality at different restaurants. This dish at Duc's was really disappointing. The bowl was smaller than most places, with less of the "vegetables" - lettuce, cucumber, sprouts. I ordered it with barbequed chicken, and it arrived with about 6 small, grisly pieces of chicken without much flavor. The fish sauce was also too mild and bland to provide much in the way of flavor to the dish.

In terms of service, I went to Duc's about 11:45am, and there were about 4 tables in use. It took the server a long while to get to our table to take our order. My parents ordered a chinese lunch special, which they thought was fair. I had ordered additional peanut sauce with my bun, but it never arrived. The food arrived quickly, but the server did not return for quite some time to check on us. Again, it was not as if the place was crazy busy.

With the large multi-cultural population of St. Paul, there are likely other higher quality Vietnamese restaurants out there. Since I was just visiting the area, I haven't found a great one - yet! In the meantime, avoid Duc's if you are seeking good, well-made Vietnamese food in St. Paul.