“very rude security!!!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Dive Bar
Reviewed May 16, 2012

this place is usually an ok place. my friends and i go every weekend and this particular weekend the security guard wanted to see my shoes after looking at my ID, which was kinda odd because i wore them several times before....when i asked him why he wanted to see them he said because i dont look 5'6 in heels...that was ridiculously stupid, but i still had a good time anyway =)

Reviewed January 26, 2012

For those of you who like youngins dancing around and somewhat expensive drinks then this is your place. If your looking for classy, don't go.

1  Thank kcknbnce
Reviewed January 3, 2011

my fiance wanted to go dancing with me and a few of her friends for her birthday so we thought this would be a decent place to go. We soon found out just how wrong we were, the other male patrons wouldn't leave the girls alone, even after being asked multiple times. Service at the bar was terrible, it took 5-10 mins to get a drink and when we finally did it was made wrong. We will never go there again. it is in my opinion the sluttiest bar in MN

2  Thank grosnik24
Divebarmn, General Manager at Dive Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

First I would like to apoligize for your experience @ the Dive Bar and Sports Grill, being it has been some time i would like you to contact me personally regarding this matter.

Mat Phelps
Dive Bar Maplewood
mat@divebarmn.com
651-779-2266

Reviewed October 12, 2010

don't go there..i went over there for the football game...but this bar is terrible at best and racist too i think..i went to the bathroom and they gave my seat away to other people because they are buying more stuff i guess and the stupid server/patron won't even answer me when i was asking what's going on.

4  Thank lion2020
See more reviews
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I've been going to the Dive Bar for years, even back when it was T-Birds if some of you younger kids can remember what it looked like before the name change and remodel. I love it there. To me, I know I can walk through the door, talk with the bartender and have a good time. Their food is always decent and reasonably priced, and I have to say they do have some of the best drink specials in town. I've never had any issues with dress code, the drinks being weak or the bouncers asking me to leave. As far as I know, none of my friends have ever been asked to leave either.

If you haven't been in the place for a while, I highly recommend it. Not only are the bathrooms up to date, and generally always clean, they have a great dining area. As well as multiple pool tables and a dart room. They also have a large VIP area that offers bottle service on club night. The smoker's area on the patio is top notch. seriously, that heater will dry the sidewalk, even when the weather is cold, you don't have to worry about a gust of wind blowing you away.

I know it sounds like I work for the place and this is some lame promotion but, I assure, I'm just a regular patron like everyone else. I've come to know and love the Dive Bar and can't understand why people have any problems with it.