LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Key Inn(Woodbury)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desktwin citiesthe bed was super comfortablejacuzzi suitefridge and microwavecoffee makerst paulrooms were very cleanlaketiffanymnreclinerexpresswayhousekeepingpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The good

Price is good, location is great just 5 minutes from downtown St Paul. The room is large quiet and the very comfortable.

The bad

Very tiny bath room, wash area and closet. We were there for three days and barely had enough room to hang our clothes. If it was mid winter we would never have been able to hang our coats. No coffee maker in room.

The ugly

The driveway into the hotel is like a minefield of pot holes. Went into one and though I would blow out a tire. If you try to avoid one you go into another.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank howard a
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for the review and your feedback. I thought I would inform you that we are getting closets put in this fall. For the parking lot we have been waiting for the weather to cooperate. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

OK, you may not know where Maplewood is--it's a suburb of Saint Paul and is quiet and well-kept, also an apt description of the Livinn Hotel. I stayed two nights here while visiting family. I had never heard of this small (4 property) chain before, but after seeing the reviews and the location, it looked like a good choice. I was not disappointed. The Livinn is just off the interstate, which makes it easy to get to. It sits on the edge of a small (and not very attractive) lake. All that aside, my king room was small, but comfortable and quiet. I like having a micro/fridge. No coffee maker, but I never make in-room coffee anyway. (There's a Denny's 50 feet from the front door, if you want coffee or breakfast.) Bathroom was clean, nice shower, and two comfy chairs. No desk, if you're planning on doing some work.

The wifi comes in two flavors: free and rather slow, but serviceable for basic web surfing, and fee-based, for streaming. I stayed with free, as I didn't really need the speed for my short stay. One minor gripe: only one ice machine, and it's on the first floor.

The staff were very polite and accommodating and the hotel was very quiet, even though it seemed busy.

All things considered, this was a very good choice for me and knowing I'll be back for more visits, I plan on staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for the great review, this helps us better our staff and hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon, have a great summer!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I work construction and have stayed in hotels all over. The LivInn hotel in Maplewood,MN is beyond a doubt the best! The reasonable rates was the original reason for booking here. The service, attitude and clean room will keep me coming back if in this area. Andy and Brenda were genuinely friendly, helpful and extremely accommodating! Malissa the shift manager was professional, knowledgeable and ready to schedule cleaning around our schedule. Steve the maintenance man was prompt with service and very polite. Great experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank You for the wonderful review, we are very pleased to hear how happy you were with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Someone tried breaking into my room and I caught them so I complained about it and got threatened to get kicked out if I took legal actions. The manger said I complained too much and assumed I was on drugs. I been clean since August 15th 2011 so whatever.....all I can say is guns aren't banned in the property or premises and conceal and carry permits come in handy when you feel threatened and in danger so I'm.glad I have so I'm glad I ha ve personal protection. This place is a lot better than super8 on old Hudson road off of white bear ave though.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank SmiSmurfBeast

I do believe that you have the wrong hotel, as this situation has not occured at Maplewood LivINN to managements knowledge. I do appologize that you had to have an experience like the one expressed.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed in the jacuzzi suite and had a marvelous time. Emma J. at the front desk was super helpful and accommodating! The room was very tidy and attractive. I would recommend this establishment for any traveller. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank PaulSN2013
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank You so much for the wonderful review, we look forward to seeing you soon!