“Great hotel with very comfy beds.”

LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maplewood
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Excellent hotel on Tanner's Lake. Very comfy beds. Updated decor. Immaculate room. The staff (desk clerks, housekeepers, maintenance) are very responsive and eager to please. The hotel is very clean-staff are even seen frequently removing small bits of debris from the parking lot.
They do not serve breakfast which we did not mind. There is a microwave/refrig in the room. A Denny's restaurant is across from the hotel entrance or a Cub Foods grocery store with excellent pastries is about 2 blocks away.
Our 3 night stay was very quiet. And it is a "no pets" hotel which we definitely prefer.
This hotel is a hidden jewel. I highly recommend it. Great value. The only suggestion that would have made it even greater would have been having a flat screen TV in the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank You for the wonderful review and were plased to hear about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Have a great summer

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. After the first night, I took a shower and when I was done, grabbed the "clean" towel off the rack. As soon as I did so, I heard glass shatter around my feet. I looked down and there was a used crack pipe shattered all over the bathtub floor. This was wrapped up in my "clean" towel! So either the cleaning staff was smoking crack and forgot they put the pipe in a towel, or a previous guest was using the drugs and the cleaning staff did not change the towels between guests! It is a good thing it was me in the shower and not one of the kids staying with us.

So there I am, barefoot with broken glass all around me with who knows what on it.

The front desk moved us to a different room and I requested to speak to a manger. A manager never called or contacted me, I will never stay at this place again.

See photos below from the incident.

Room Tip: I would not stay here unless you have no issues with cleanliness.
5  Thank Randy S

Thank You for taking the time to write a review, I will contact you personally to resolve this.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Brenda has made our stay enjoyable and always greets people with a cordial hello and can I help you? She's a real help to everyone who stays in the hotel. There should be more people like her who make your stay home away from home. Our view of the lake makes it peaceful and with the help from Brenda we would stay here again. It's so very nice to have pleasant people where you stay. Thanks.

Room Tip: Get a lake side room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

We are very pleased to hear how happy you are with your stay. I will make sure to give Brenda a special thank You.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've stayed here about a dozen times in the last 8 months. We enjoy staying here at the LivINN Hotel. The front desk staff { Emma } has very good communication and customer service skills. she has gone above and be-on to keep us happy. I am and i will continue to come and stay at the LivInn hotel. Your front desk clerk [ Emma] here at the hotel is a very helpful and hard working employ. If i owned a hotel i would want Emma working for me.I've seen her handle some hostile people and calm them down.
I will continue to stay here at the LivINN Hotel as long as Emma and the rest of your hard working employs.

Room Tip: Lake side rooms are the best here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Just checked in and there was poo on the toilet seat. Disgusting!! The place smells like bleach, smoke and a mystery funk. Thugs in the parking lot, not a great neighborhood. I don't feel safe here even with my 250lbs of muscle boyfriend. This was just for two nights after staying 2 weeks with family on vacation before going home to CA. Guess you get what you pay for at $54 a night ( thanks Hotwire) and after spending too much on rest of vacation we were trying to go cheap since we will only be at hotel to shower and sleep. Disgusting!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Jammaddox1
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was the second year that we gathered at this LivINN facility. Heaven provided excellent customer service as she did last year. Thanks Heaven. There seems to be a different clientele staying there this year. The hotel seems to be a full time residence for some. They was traffic in and out of the parking lot that seemed questionable to me. We will probably look elsewhere for lodging next year.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank You for responding on Tripadvisor, please contact us directly about the review.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Heaven always greets you with a smile.. Very helpful and pleasant. We feel very welcome here and we've stayed here before because of her and others just like her. Over all the people here are pleasant and very helpful. Very satisfied.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that face the lake. Pleasant and full of wild life. Pleasent rooms with lots of light...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I will give Heaven a special Thank You. Have a great summer, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Malissa Brockman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maplewood
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Hotel Metro
Hotel Metro
#11 of 16 in Saint Paul
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East
Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale

Been to LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood? Share your experiences!