“Food is good but not great”

Taste of India - Maplewood
Ranked #19 of 57 Restaurants in Maplewood
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Food is good but not great”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The food is like your typical Indian Restaurant, very creamy with not a lot of flavors. Staff is extremely friendly and pleasant. I have eaten at all the Indian Restaurants in the Twin Cities and I wouldn't go back. I prefer more flavor and when the chicken is cubed in a dish I normally won't like it.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Rachael E

Wisconsin
“Our favorite Indian restaurant in the Twin Cities”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I both love Indian food and we rarely find an Indian restaurant where each dish has its own distinctive flavor, where the exotic flavors of the individual spices and seasonings are so well blended, where even simple items like basmati rice and naan receive as much attention as their more complex curries, and where the lunch buffet is so often replenished and doesn't get overcooked or stale. The service is always friendly, efficient and attentive. We love the buffet but have had excellent meals in the evening as well, and have had great results ordering take-out for ourselves or a larger group. If you like your Indian food spicy, you may find the buffet a bit too mild, though their condiments are very good. Weekend buffets have a few extras and are still very reasonably priced. The restaurant is small enough to feel intimate and the staff provides enough atmosphere on their own to pretty much compensate for a lack of renovation, but they could start with the restrooms.

• Visited November 2011
Stillwater, Minnesota
“GREAT PLACE LOVE THE FOOD, VERY NICE AND AFFORDABLE PLACE TO DINE WITH FAMILY:)”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Great place i go there twice a week with my family i just love it.. my family love it great service very delicious food.. best indian place in town just incredibily good ..

• Visited December 2011
Maplewood, Minnesota
“Very good Indian in Maplewood.”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have been eating here for over 10 years and the food will not disappoint. I love the Mahkani (sp?) and the Chicken Mushroom. My kids enjoy them 2. Their naan is good. They had a great lunch buffet.

1 Thank MNMexicoFamily
MN
“Love love love”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

The management must have redecorated a bit since last time I was there (just a month previous). But as always, I go to Taste of India for the incredible food and great service.
It's a delight to have so many vegetarian options, although I would be happy to eat the Malai Kofta every single time I go!

We go there whenever we have a craving, plus for anniversary's, and whenever the local henna artist (Mehndi Moments) has a meet up!

• Visited September 2011