“Affordable and AWESOME Indian food”
Review of indian aroma - CLOSED

indian aroma
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Greenville, North Carolina
“Affordable and AWESOME Indian food”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was awesome food! We started with mango lassis. Fantastic. Made with real mango and not too sweet. Anything with the vindaloo sauce is an awesome choice. We also had the Kofka Anarkali which is a vegetarian dumpling dish, the sauce was awesome! Creamy but from pureed cashews, not actual cream. The garlic naan is great, but order without butter if you don't want it soaked. The tandoori shrimp and chicken were kind of blah, so I would stick to something mroe exciting. Even the rice is good! Seems pretty empty around dinner time, but I'm guessing their lunch buffet is where they make their money being so close to 3M. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Very good Indian Food”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First impression was that they could work on the decor. We went on a Friday night and noticed that there were a lot of empty tables. It is one huge open dining area without any partitions. Partitions would have been nice because there was a table that was very loud and annoying. Food service was slow at the beginning and as they only had one waitress. I was happy that the food made up for it. We ordered the Vegetable Korma, Baigan Bahar eggplant dish, and the Mushroom Masala. The Mushroom Masala was not mild like we had ordered and the waitress apologized and said we could order another dish. We ordered the Vegetable Mango. Everything was delicious including the cherry naan and herbed naan. We will be back!

• Visited May 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“An absolutely wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I found the dining experience at Indian Aroma was one of the best discoveries of a lifetime. The food was prepared fresh. The lunch buffet represented one of the largest varieties of tasty Indian dishes in the five state area. I have found myself retuning to the Indian Aroma, not only for the excellent food but also for the first class service they provide. Customers are treated like family by the staff.

I have also tried the evening dining. This time I brought a large group of friends. Again, it was an absolutely impressive experience. The food was prepared to perfection. The pricing is very reasonable. My friends are now asking "when can we meet there again".

This is a "must visit" restaurant for anyone traveling within a one hundred mile radius of the St. Paul and Minneapolis area.

• Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“I could not wait to write this review...”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was driving over the speed limit all the way back from this restaurant because I could not wait to write this review and save poor unsuspecting customers from what could be the most HORRIBLE dining experience of their lives.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you did have the misfortune of dining in this place, I beg you. Please reconsider Indian food. Indian food is not horrible. This definitely was but then again... it's NOT Indian food. This, ladies and gentlemen is what's known as GARBAGE.

I wanted to be honest about the nice lady with glasses who worked there and give her my feedback. But she interrupted me and said "well, it's your personal preference so..." and I TOTALLY agree with this lady. I happen to prefer FOOD but everybody's different. And for a moment it got me thinking... may be people should visit this place... After all, it's not everyday that you get a chance to see NEON PINK chicken or water chicken on a buffet menu. But the thought that some poor chap who wanted to try Indian food for the first time might be scarred for life made me reconsider.

I will not ask you to stay away from this place. But please..... do yourself a favor and don't eat their food thinking that it's Indian food. The name of the restaurant is the biggest naming scandal since Eric the Red named Greenland. It is NOT INDIAN FOOD and there is NO AROMA.

A TRULY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

P.S. I completed writing this review exactly 39 minutes after stepping out of the restaurant... like I said earlier - in an effort to save poor unsuspecting diners from this atrocious food.

• Visited April 2013
Minnesota
“Almost Inedible”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We absolutely love Indian food and we were excited to try this restaurant after seeing all the great reviews. Big disappointment. If you enjoy overly salted food then this is the place. Over priced as well.

• Visited February 2013