“Delicious”
Review of Yin Yang

Yin Yang
Ranked #42 of 61 Restaurants in Maplewood
Reviewed December 9, 2018

My friend was the one who introduced me this place. I love their chicken wings. Seafood, lo mei and egg foyung.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Have driven by Yin Yang many times over many years and then finally stopped in for the lunch buffet. I wish I would have driven by one more time.

There is no longer a lunch buffet so if you guess wrong and end up with a bad dish, it's your bad luck. And judging from the 4 plates we ordered, the cooking here is just bad; there likely is no signature dish that shines.

The kung pao chicken I ordered consisted of a few chicken shreds, onions and celery, and 5 peanuts swimming in a bland dark brown sauce. It was sided with cold yellowish rice with what I presumed was an egg chunk or two. Apparently that's their version of fried rice.

The chicken wings were misshaped like they had been cleaved from mutant chickens and had an odd underlying sourish flavor and fried with a bland crust.

Despite being the only ones in the place at 12:30, and now we know why, service was abysmal.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed December 22, 2017

I've driven by here a 100 times and thought I'd pick up food for home. I got chicken mushroom chow mien, orange chicken and some chicken wings. $24 for a meal for 3. First the chow mien was a gelatin type consistency that wasn't good, the orange chicken was a sauce you poured over deep fried chicken parts. That s fine but the orange flavoring was like TANG in color and taste. The WINGS were GOOD! I'd go back for them,but nothing else.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed June 27, 2016

First trip here when I was in town. Their plain chicken wings are very good. Light batter with heavy garlic flavor. Large variety. They sell individual servings and large pans for large crowds. Lo-Mein was pretty good. Lot's of meat and vegetables, made with angel hair pasta.

Date of visit: June 2016

Been to Yin Yang? Share your experiences!