Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pillows were flat as a pancake, bed was hard, tv had a bad connection wire.
We had someone come into our room while we were sleeping without knocking. Oh the breakfast.. Lmbo, just crappy as ever.
On top of all of that we asked for our money back because we decided not to stay another night and were told we could get it in the morning.
Went to check out and were told we couldn't get our cash back it would have to be sent in a check and we wouldn't receive it for another two weeks.
This hotel is absolutely terrible.
I would've rather just payed $149 for another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Mpagel19
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am extremely sorry to hear that the bedding in your room was uncomfortable and the television did not work properly. As well, that you were disturbed in the middle of the night and the policy for refunds was not communicated to you properly. In response, I am working with the entire staff to correct these issues in order to ensure these types of situations do not happen again.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at MGV@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a gift certificate to stay one night because when we were in Miami at the Extended Stay, they tested the fire alarms for hours two days in a row. There was no warning or apology for this. All they did was give us a a one night certificate, which we would not be able to use in a one year time frame anyways. So we stayed at Maple Grove Extended stay for the heck of it. When we got there the room, a King with a living room, was dirty! I means towels and garbage everywhere. The bed was a mess. We called to the lobby to inform them. Again, no apology. We got downgraded to a Queen room with no living room. It reeked of curry and was not clean by my standards. There were pubic hairs on the bathroom counter. It was embarrassing for me as I had brought a friend with. The staff was not apologetic, they gave me excuses instead. I thought it was becuase I was in Miami that the buisness was being done so poorly. In Minnesota, we have higher standards.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Sarah - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am so disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at MGV@extendedstay.com. I would like to extend to you an additional free night stay. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel that was clean and didn't smell of smoke as I am allergic. I was skeptical because of some of the reviews I had read. However, when we got there, we were greeted by friendly staff. She gave us a room farthest away from the smoking rooms.
The room was clean and didn't stink as I read on other reviews. Because it's an Extended Stay, there isn't daily room service. However, if you ask at the front desk for your room to be cleaned, they will do it.
The bed was very comfortable. The only minor complaints were that smoke smell still drifted down from the 3rd floor through the bathroom vents so we just kept the bathroom fan on and closed the door and it was fine. We also were right next to the laundry room so could hear the rattling of the washers throughout the night. When we talked to the front desk the next morning, they were concerned that we were going to be disturbed by the noise.

One major concern to be aware of: If you don't check in before 8:30pm then they consider it a NO-SHOW and your room can be booked to someone else even though you've prepaid. I found this totally unacceptable and very unethical business practice. This is the only reason I would NOT book with Extended Stay again.

The overall experience was excellent.

I must give special recognition to Patricia who was friendly, polite, helpful and a lot of fun! Extended Stay - I hope you recognise the value she brings to your organisation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments about how comfortable the bed in your room was and the friendly staff. It is rewarding to know that we were able to provide for you. Please accept my apologies for the slight smoke odor. I am working with the housekeeping staff to eliminate this. As well, while that is our no-show policy, if you contact the hotel, reservation center or our marketing@extendedstay.com inbox ahead of time, we can hold your reservation for you, regardless of the time you check-in.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I know now why my company booked another hotel even though Extended Stay was down the block from the office. The first room had hair on the sheets and a foul odor, room number 2 had beetles coming in through the windows but smelled somewhat better. We had to pay extra to have two beds so even though I thought we were getting a great deal, I could have spent just as much for a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear you’re your stay with us was not up to your satisfaction. To ensure issues as the ones you encountered during your stay do not happen again, I am personally meeting with all of our staff to ensure we better train them on our room inspections. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at eleal@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were looking for a pet friendly hotel. When we checked in we were told it would cost $25 a day for our little dog. Had I known that we would have just applied $25 to better hotel. To make matters worse the room we had was supposed to have a queen size bed. In my world a queen size bed is 60 inches wide the beds at this hotel were only 56 inches in width, so in fact this was not a queen size bed but rather a double bed which which would be fine for one person but was kind of crowded for a couple. Room was clean but our neighbors above us kept us up half the night. Wouldn't stay in one of these again especially with our dog or unless we could get a king size bed which I will would actually be such.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our services were not properly explained to you about our pet fees. In regards to the bed size in the room I will investigate this as our Queen Rooms are supposed to have Queen size beds. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Rooms are horrible service is awful. Its been more than 15 days I'm staying here but not even a single room service is provided. I just cant ever consider staying in this hotel in future. Behavior of the staffs are pathetic.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saggy43323
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that we have not met your expectations. Please accept my apology for this. I appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly at eleal@extendedstay.com thus discuss your stay with us further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed at Extended Stay America - Maple Grove last night.. STAY AWAY!! The place is terrible.. We booked online and when we arrived they charged us an extra $11 for a room with 2 double beds, the beds were hard as a rock and the sheets and blankets stunk like cigarettes as well as the rest of the room. No shampoo, the shower curtain rod fell out of the wall, dust on everything. The remote for the TV didn't work(had to get another one), the caulking in the bathroom was all over the mirror, the wall in the bathroom looked like they started to sand it and gave up, so the dust from sanding was all over the tub.. I called and complained about the smell in the room, and she came and sprayed some scent spray and turned the bathroom fan on.. LOL!! I'm probably missing some other stuff.. Go someplace else. The breakfast is an absolute joke. Oh and the parking lot and sidewalks were unplowed and very icy.

Room Tip: Pick a room at another hotel..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The problems you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention thus allow us the oportunity to better our services. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Should you wish to discuss this further please email me at eleal@extendedstay.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Asteria Inn & Suites
Asteria Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Maple Grove
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove? Share your experiences!