Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove
$117
$114
$131
$128
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes(Maple Grove)(Great Value!)
$179
$144
Hotels.com
$73
$66
  • Breakfast included
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest(Brooklyn Park)
$161
  • Pool
$67
La Quinta
All reviewsoff the highwaystayed one nightfull size fridgeminneapolis areabed was very comfortableburnerventsmn
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I knew when they accepted my lowball bid on Priceline, I was in trouble. Bed like steel, pillows little more than a pillow case. A 19" TV with 10 channels. I will say the refrigerator and microwave were nice, though they only gave me spoons... no forks--I suppose to reduce the suicide risk of anyone who has to stay here a week or more. Just a sad, sad place and I can't imagine anyone wanting to eat their meals in those depressing rooms -- food I had bought for the fridge went unconsumed. I just had to get out. Not filthy, not really unsanitary -- just shabby and sad. Oh, and did I say just about as remote from anything as you can get. Even, if you want to go out, there's no place to go.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank crisro
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Minneapolis - Maple Grove. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions. Also, please note we have since upgraded ALL TV’S in the room to 32 inch Flat Screens as part of our improvements.

In regards to the items missing from your room, I sincerely apologize as this should not have been the case. All of our rooms are regularly cleaned and inspected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay to ensure items are never missing from the room, then re-inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down as items were missing as well as not functioning properly. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

no carts available when i arrived, had to make 3 trips to unpack. the mattress is hard as a rock... the bathroom sink as no room to store stuff... the TV is a box style, 19"... it seems like a hotel from the 80s. Only thing missing is the shag carpeting. Not impressed, will never stay here again. Big Regret right now.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. My first room had hair all over the tub (not from someone's head), my second room had stains all over the sheets, and then after they moved me to their sister property it had bars on the lobby window. I had to slide my ID under the glass like I was in a liquor store in a bad part of town. The woman working told me she wouldn't even stay at this hotel. The mattress was identical to a crib mattress. WORST experience ever!!!!! GM never returned my phone calls also.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This is our regular hotel stay when we are in Minneapolis. The last time we were here, we put in a room next to some young teenagers who were likely to party all night etc. So went back to the front desk and asked to be moved. Which was easily done. The place is clean, with the exception of the bathroom toilet, could use some extra cleaning...it offers a full fridge and microwave and some kitchen accessories.. good if you have a young family and need a place for milk/formula etc...Overall if you are coming to Minneapolis for shopping and outings than you most likely only head back to the hotel for a good night's rest...The place is nothing fancy but clean and affordable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Again, I tried to get a really good deal thorugh priceline, I think I may have bid too low and gotten a hotel that I may have never otherwise considered staying at. This was an extended stay hotel, I have stayed at other types of these hotels in the past, and those always seemed nicer.

I arrived late, and was kind of tired. The hotel itself smelled like an old bar, especially in the hallways. While the lobby was decent, the carpeting in the hallways was old and kind of dirty. The keys appeared to be what I would guess the first key card system introduced in hotels. No magnetic stirp but punched holes in a plastic card. (not that big of deal to me though)

What bothered me the most was the things that housekeeping seemed to miss in this room. Biggest and most concerning was that there was a grocery bag OVER THE SMOKE DETECTOR! There was some hand writen workout schedule taped to the front of the bathroom door as well as crayon markings on the inside of the bathroom door. The bed was hard as a board, and there was no shampoo in the shower which is the first time I had ever been to a hotel without shampoo in the shower. Though the kitchen was nice, there was no soap to clean the pots/ dishes if needed. I was there for two nights, and the room was never visited by housekeeping (another oddity for a 2 star hotel). I can understand if somone is staying for an extended period, but for those staying only a couple nights, the room should have been cleaned. (my opinion)

With all that said I got the room for cheap, and it is hard to complain about a room when you get a good deal on it, but for a two star hotel I expected just a little more. My friend thought the place reminded him of a Motel 6. Next time I will bid a bit more money so I dont get stuck in a hotel like this one. I would definately not consider this a two star hotel. I would consider it a 1 star at best.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a really cheap rate or go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends