“Great location, easy access”

Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Las Vegas
“Great location, easy access”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel a few times in order to visit friends and relatives in the area and do some shopping and eating. Easy to get on and off the interstate and area is laid out well for walking or driving to two different mall/shopping areas and restaurants. Hotel is quiet, clean and has friendly staff who are willing to give directions, etc. Complimentary breakfast. Comfy bed. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kjerstin K, Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! At this Maple Grove property, we are thankful to be in such a prime location for quick and simple interstate access as well as being in close proximity to many local attractions. We are thrilled you had such comfortable and enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Weston, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many nights for business. It is clean and well decorated, the breakfast I am told is wonderful. I am not a big breakfast eater, so I really enjoy the bag breakfast they supply with a piece of fruit, breakfast bar and bottle of water, I always grab one on my way out the door to work.
They have a great location, with a couple of dozen resturants and lots of shopping a short walk or ride away.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnMapleGrove, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review. We do appreciate you staying with us! I look forward to your next visit.
N/A
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Lovely hotel to spend a night while shopping in the great mall nearby.
The hot tub is a good size and was clean. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was outstanding. (Fruit filled pancakes the day we were there!)

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid hearing footsteps, but this was not a big problem.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnMapleGrove, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff.
Brainerd, Minnesota
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great location in the center of the Arbor Lakes development- bit tricky getting in- (turn at the light by Staybridge sign). Staff friendly- breakfast great, fitness center and pool all good. PM desk agent (Randi) extremly helpful and friendly. Great restarunts and shopping near by.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I was very excited to share your feedback with my front desk staff. I am glad you enjoyed our facilities. We look forward to seeing you again.
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This review is like the old saying “I’ve got good news and bad news”. The good news is the hotel is located in a great area with lots of shopping and restaurants; with easy on/off access to the freeway. The stores range from larger stores like Home Depot, JC Penney and Kohl’s, to medium stores like Bed Bath & Beyond, Old Navy, and Dick’s Sporting Goods, to smaller ones like Claries, Plato’s Closet, and Nordstrom Rack. You will find many restaurants in the area ranging from fast food like Arby’s, Taco Bell and McDonlads to Olive Garden, Granite City, Buca De Beppo, Benihana, and Houlihan’s. You’ll find other businesses like Dave and Busters, AMC Theaters, Williams and Sonoma, Walgreen’s, and Barnes and Noble. We found ourselves in need of shipping a package and had the option of Office Depot, Fed Ex, and the good ole U.S. Postal Service. Almost any kind of store is found in the area. That’s the good news. The bad news, is the hotel is only average. The best thing about the hotel is the breakfast which had hot and cold cereals, fruit, breads/pastries, waffles, boiled and cooked eggs, meats, and a full line of beverages. The downside of the breakfast is the seating area is far too small for a hotel of this size. Many mornings we found ourselves either dodging splashes of water from kids in the pool while we were eating in the only place left to sit, or taking our food back to our room. (Part of the problem is not so much the hotel’s but the inconsiderate people who know there are people looking for a spot to sit, yet feel they shouldn’t have to get up after they are finished and instead sit and visit while sipping coffee for a half hour.) The hotel offered a daily newspaper and free coffee (plus a coffee maker in the room). The pool area was of medium, yet adequate size; which had off to the side, a very small exercise room that contained two treadmills, one elliptical, one bicycle, and a rack of weights. The hotel has four floors, is shaped in an “L”, and has one set of two elevators serving the whole hotel. Oddly enough, is was not centrally located, being located instead at the bottom part of the long part of the “L”. We had no need for the exercise room because we found ourselves always having to either take the many floors of stairs, or make a long walk the full length of the “L” from the elevators to our room. The parking lot was set up with only one entrance/exit with it being at the front of the hotel and the majority of the parking spots being at the rear of the hotel. The room contained a bed with a sheet and duvet (with an extra blanket in the closet), a dresser with t.v., fridge, plush chair and ottoman, desk and chair, clock radio, iron and board, and coffee maker. We found the cleaning to be average. Noticeable areas were cleaned, but areas such as under the sink in the bathroom were missed. It had a spot on the floor from something brown and sticky that had dripped and had been there for quite some time; yet each time the room was cleaned, had not been scrubbed up. This tells me the cleaning is not up to high standards and instead just average. It’s quite obvious when scrubbing the floor they would just scrub the area directly in front of the stool and door and not concern themselves with under the counter top/sink area. I also noticed throughout the hotel that others area out of the way like the ledges in the stairways were neglected. Overall, you could tell the hotel had been remodeled, yet didn’t replace everything. Things like the door and door knob in the bathroom showed definite signs of age. The trim in places like around the elevators had not been replaced and made it look like an old run down hotel. We didn’t use the washer/dryer, so are not able to comment on the area. But more than anything, while one can overlook a lot of the issues and live with a little dust, or inconvenient elevators, parking, or crowded eating areas; what really drops the score on this hotel is it’s failure in the most important area. That being the ability to get rest! We could overlook all the other things, but it was impossible to get a good nights sleep. The walls are thin and not sound proofed, and the windows let in an unusually high amount of nosie. The hotel is located next to one of the busiest areas of the cities; the intersection of I-94, I-494, and I-694. And the noise from the traffic is loud and incessant. It was a non stop symphony of tire on pavement noise and trucks engine braking. Then to make matters worse, the noise of voices, t.v., and snoring from the next room never let up until we needed to get up. Another thing I feel a need to point out happened upon check out. And that is, nothing happened at check out. Nothing as in I handed over my key card, told the desk clerk my room number to which she replied okay, and she said nothing more. No, “thank you”, or “did you enjoy your stay”, or “were there any problems with your stay”. Nothing, but just a I-could-care-less attitude. I love the location, and in a pinch, this hotel will do; but next time I will also look into the Holiday Inn, Courtyard, or Staybridge in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TraveLotsnLots
HamptonInnMapleGrove, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I do apologize for the issues you incurred during your visit. I will be following up with our housekeeping and maintenance departments, as well as my front desk agent on the check out process. I can assure you that this is not typical of our Hamptonality. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will give us another chance.
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Don't get me wrong nice hotel. But for what you are charged the carpet in my room is black and orange looks like it's from the 70's. The shower surround is not nice to look at. I can say the bed was comfortable and the pillows were nice, but I wouldn't say the hotel was worth the money! I have had better for less!
I will also say the location is great for what maple grove had to offer! I would just check out other hotels!

• Stayed October 2012
HamptonInnMapleGrove, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
I am sorry to hear we didn't exceed your expectations in terms of value as that is what we strive for today. Thanks for telling us how you feel. We welcome all feedback from our guests and use the information to improve.
Brandon, South Dakota
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and it was nearly empty, but they still put us on 4th floor. When we arrived in our room it had an overpowering smell of cigaret smoke and fabreeze. They moved us to another room which oddly had another very strong smell. We didn't want to move again so we opened the window which seemed to help, but we were disappointed when we looked in the bathroom and found they had put us in an accessible room with no bathtub....even with nearly every room open. We do not generally post review but it was what we have come used to expecting from Hamptons.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnMapleGrove, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I do apologize for disappointing you during your stay. I can assure you that this is not a typical exerience for a guest at our hotel. I will certainly follow up on this issue. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
#1 of 3 in Brooklyn Park

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove? Share your experiences!