“busy place”

Pittsburgh Blue Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pittsburgh Blue Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 120 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cross street: Main Street & Hemlock Lane
plymouth
“busy place”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

this is a very busy place. happy hour can get kind a nuts, the steaks are great and the service was very good but not great. we will be back !!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank DesertBoyPlymouth

Maple Grove, Minnesota, United States
“I could of bought the cow for what I paid for a steak.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

In my opinion, I had read the positive post on this Pittsburgh Blue, and is the reason I went there for dinner. However, between the two hour wait, and the totally overpriced steaks, I was not impressed. For example, I ordered the cowboy steak which was $68.00 dollars in which one would think came with at least one side. In fact, the only thing you get for that inflated price is the steak. Perhaps many of the reviews on here are from people who had too much to drink while waiting for their table. Speaking of tables, I'm not a small guy and we were seated at a teeny tiny wobbly table in between two larger tables. I was afraid that the crazy hair extensions from the young woman seated next to us were going to land in my food, they were so close. We asked, and were accommodated with another, slightly larger table, but it was in the direct line of the breeze every time the front door opened. My girlfriend was not pleased feeling that on her back. By then, we just wanted to eat and get out. In addition, after eating the steak I have had better steak at the TA truck stop in Rogers, MN. In short, if you want an excellent steak try Porterhouse, in Little Canada, MN.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Richard M
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Worst restaurant experience ever”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Service was poor. Wait was long and uncomfortable. Steak was crusty, dry and overcooked. I hope this place goes out of business, because it is a waste of space. Definitely way overpriced for less than below par food. The only good thing was the bread. I am usually pretty easy to please, but this place ruined my evening.

2 Thank tuli763
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fillet in Town”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Pittsburgh Blue Steakhouse rivals Ruth's Chris steakhouse. Happy hour begins early for the professional martini touting crowd in the bar area. The entry seemed a bit cramped, however, the dining area is large and airy. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive to all our needs. They were quite helpful with the menu items, the choices were many. The decision was difficult. The menu is a la carte. Though this is a pricey establishment, I felt it was reasonable with the quality of food along with the staff attending the table needs.

We started off with the steakhouse wedge, a classic. Ice cold with a generous topping of bacon bits and bleu cheese crumbles. Add their bleu cheese dressing and it was a taste sensation. The Fillet Oskar was recommended by our waiter. A fillet with asparagus and lump crab cake in a Bearnaise sauce. Probably the best steak I have had, yet.

The Green Bean Amandine was crisp with a hint of garlic and steeped in almonds. I can not rate this enough, they were superb. Enough for two people.

To add more comfort to the meal, I chose the Hashbrowns Blue Style. Finally, hashbrowns done right. The outside of the dish was crisp leaving the inside done to perfection. These hashbrowns are mixed with onions, applewood bacon bits, a hint of Tabasco topped with crumbled blue cheese. This dish easily serves four. No matter, bring it home for the next day;s meal. Reheat in a skillet with a pad of butter.

A Cabernet and Zinfandel paired well with this meal.

Cold Spring, Minnesota
“Best Ever!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

What can I say, first time customer and it was awesome! The service was exceptional and the steak, well I do not have words to explain how tender and flavorful it was. Really the best steak I have ever had. I will be back, again and again. Thanks!!!