“Go for the "happy hour" menu”

Pittsburgh Blue Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pittsburgh Blue Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street & Hemlock Lane
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The first time we went to Pittsburgh Blue, we sat in the main dining area. The cost of the meal was astronomical ! Everything is a la carte. We wanted a steak, which was hugely expensive. Any "side" has to be ordered for "the table", no individual sides. I wanted mashed potatoes and my husband wanted a veggie, so we ended up with 2 small platters of each. So, we ended up leaving food behind. The steak was great but we decided this was not the place for us. A friend of ours, apparently loves this place and has given us a couple gift cards for there. We heard about the "happy hour" menu and that food could be obtained in moderate, reasonable portions and at a sane price. So, when we are given these gift cards, we attempt to use them during happy hour. We have been happy with the selections on that menu and the food has been very good, as was the service. The main problem is, that during "happy hour" it is usually packed and difficult to be able to obtain a table. We have a gift card that is almost a year old and have been unable to use it, simply because we cannot get a table.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Every year some of our family comes here for a relaxing end to the event. I usually get my steak "blue" and it is done perfectly. They have a listing of their steak doneness & it is accurate. This time I had prime rib & it was perfect. Most of our clan had steaks (many had bone in rib eyes) and no one went away dissapointed. My spouse had surf & turf and really liked it (lobster isn't my forte). Wonderful oysters (especially the bluepoints) with good wines, bread and sides. A little pricey, but worth it. We will be back again nest year!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went to Pittsburgh Blue for valentines day 2012. It's usually hard to find a place to park but that is a good sign because its a pretty big parking lot.

The staff are very good about a warm greeting whenever you enter the restaurant. The bar area just has a really good vibe to it. Its clean, has a dark lounge feel to it, and has plenty of seating at the bar and booths in the bar area.

We had a couple of drinks at the bar while we waited for our table. We both had steak and it was very good. Don't recall the appetizer that we shared but I remember that being good as well. Our waitress was kind and attentive.

Dinner and drinks(not including the ones at the bar while waiting) came to around $110. Spendy but I can't say that they don't justify it with good quality food, service and atmosphere.

Try the lunch menu also, the steak sandwhich is very good(I've gotten it for take-out a couple of times).

Good location right off of the freeway and near the Shoppes at Arbor Lakes.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Pittsburgh Blue is a good place for a good steak if you are unwilling to travel beyond the suburbs. The night I was there the owner went and talked to everyone in the area except my table, apparently I wasn't rich-looking enough. Drinks are pricey, but the steaks are good. I recommend the sea bass.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I can't say I've tried the steak "blue", but we did try it medium rare. My wife and I were so surprised after eating there. The food was outstanding and so was the service. It's a very upscale restuarant in Maple Grove and comparitable with Ruth Chris's.