“Good food but pretty spendy”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 119 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hemlock and Elm Creek
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Good food but pretty spendy”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

They have good food but it is also pretty spendy. I have been here a few times and sat in different places. If you sit at the grill it is more worth the money. You get a show and a meal and you get to interact with the grill people. This is a type of place that is really fun for special occasions but it is not a place I go just to eat on a regular night because it is too expensive. I have gone and sat in the bar area for dinner which was fun but still too expensive for me.
The atmosphere is fun and inviting. The servers are always great and quite helpful.

Minnetonka, Minnesota
“GREAT FOOD AND FUN ENTERTAINMENT”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our family went to our grandson's graduation and he requested we eat at Bennihana aftewards.. Bennihana is a regular destination for our family when celebrating special occasssions.

As always everyone was pleasant and willing to please. We had a mixed order of the Shrimp dinner and Steak and Chicken. Everyone was pleased with their dinner. The young man who cooked at our table was very entertaining and engaging. Even though it was a Sunday night on a holiday weekend we were seated promptly. We did have reservations, I noticed that people who were walk-ins were told it would be a long wait. This a restuarant that you must make reservations for no matter what day of the week is, unless you are willing to wait.

White Bear
“We had a lot of fun! Great attentive service, and good food too.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My adult son treated his mom, grandma and girlfriend for Mother's Day. It was busy, but we got seated promptly at the time of our reservation. We had Raymond for our chef, and there had to have been at least three other wait staff that helped make sure we had everything we needed. They were really, really efficient, friendly, and the food was excellent. The prices really aren't bad, considering that you get a salad, soup, a little shrimp appetizer, rice and your meat of choice.

After the meal, we wanted a photo and were taking our own when one of the waitresses hurried over, offered to take one of us with their camera, which she then printed, put in a cardboard frame and gave to us. She also gave us a password to download more copies.

I'd go back, but it does seem like it would be more fun only once in a while - the show and sort of corny chef-jokes might get old.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great Place for Dinner with Friends”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've been here at least two dozen times. I can think of only two reasons not to come: You don't like noisy restaurants or you don't like Asian food.

The Benihana is fantastic. I've been to three of them and this is my favorite. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The chefs are good - if he's available, Raymond is the best. The bartenders are friendly and fast. The food is excellent. The show is always fun - especially for kids. This is an energetic restaurant. It's not quiet, there's lots of talking and laughing. Keep that in mind.

At Benihana, your food is prepared in front of you. You can opt for a bar area table where it is not, but it isn't cheaper, so go for a table where you can watch. There are a huge number of dishes - beef, seafood, chicken, etc. You'll find something you like. In the evening, you'll get soup and salad, too. The shrimp sauce is the best! This sauce started in Minnesota and isn't available everywhere. They also have ginger sauce.

The California rolls are great. I love the Las Vegas roll. Always upgrade to the chicken fried rice - it's the best. All of their meat is high-quality, but I generally upgrade to the filet.

Sign up for their birthday club and get a $30 coupon to use during the month of your birthday. It's a great deal. Also, make sure you make reservations. At this Benihana they are a must! You can go here for lunch, too. It is less expensive, with options as low as $10.

• Visited February 2013
Plantation, Florida
“Good food and service as always at Benihana”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was dining alone so I chose to eat in the bar. The same menu is available there as it is in the main dining area with the cooking tables. The service was excellent and the food was very good. Since I have been to Benihana;s many times, it was a refreshing change to enjoy the dinner without the show!

Visited April 2013