Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Winnipeg, Canada
“All Smiles!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just stayed for 2 nights over Canadian Spring Break - overall very happy. The waterpark is normally "closed" during the week (slides and kids play structure area) but due to Spring Break they were open extra so that worked out great. But there's still a great activity pool and hot tub open for guests even when the waterpark is "closed". We had a Family suite with separate area with bunk beds, tv, and playstation console which the kids really liked. For a one-time $5 fee you could rent Playstation games/movies and keep returning them for another.

The decor in the hotel is very modern and appears to be pretty much brand new - doesn't even really feel like a Holiday Inn with the funky purples. Our King Bed was awesome - very comfortable. Kids under 12 eat free and we expected the food to be gross but it was actually pretty good for hotel food. Try the wings - really meaty and even nice "presentation". Hotel seemed to be well insulated/soundproofed as we weren't bothered much. Very conveniently located close to all the shops of Maple Grove.

Rooms were well appointed with flat panel tvs, fridge, microwave, granite computer desk, etc. If we had one complaint, it would be that the room size was a little too cozy - pretty small for the 4 of us. The Holiday Inn Elk River has much more spacious rooms, although we prefer the location of HI Maple Grove. Just checked with the kids and they said to say they thought the bunk beds weren't great - especially the top. It's a metal frame structure with thin bars on the ladders that hurt their feet. We also had some minor issues with shower water temp. We pretty much had to crank it to the max to have a "warm" shower - it happened a couple times at different times of the day so probably not a fluke.

Overall though, we were pretty happy. We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thundercat1234
HolidayInnMG, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for the feedback! We are so happy to hear that you and your family had such a fun time staying here with us over your Spring Break! You mentioned many important factors to consider when choosing a place to stay. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you had with the water temperatures. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope you will visit again if ever in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

For an affordable hotel in an excellent location, this is a lovely hotel. The building and decor are modern, clean and beautiful. During the week, the pool is open but the water park is closed, and we enjoyed the quiet and spacious pool area. The hot tub is very large, so large that you can swim in it. Our room was a King suite, and it had a separate area with bunk beds for the kids, and their own television, too! The decor is lovely, the tabletops in the room and bath are granite and other details are of high-quality, as well. One minor complaint was that the kids' meal portion for breakfast (pancake and bacon) was extremely skimpy--it was actually laughable! One strip of bacon and two tiny, super thin pancakes. Another small issue for me was that the pillows are very large (high) and rather hard, and I was not able to sleep well because of it. I know, I should have brought my own pillow and I usually do, but it would have been nice to have a smaller and thinner pillow choice. Overall, this is an excellent place; we experienced courteous service and staff all around, quiet surroundings, and aesthetically-pleasing decor. A wonderful place; we will be back again.

Room Tip: For kids and their parents, the King suite with bunks is an excellent choice! Come during the week f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnMG, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments on our guest suites, team of associates, decor, and pool. The issue you mentioned regarding the kids portion of your breakfast has been addressed with our Food & Beverage team and they will ensure this will not happen again. Please accept our apologies and thank you for bringing this to our attention! We are delighted that you will come back again in the future because that is one of the best compliments/recommendations we can get! Thanks again.
fll
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Excellent, great rooms, service, restaurant from cook Chris and THE BEST bartenders.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony, for smokers.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TPImanager, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review! We appreciate the very positive feedback involving our guest rooms, team of associates, cleanliness, and dining options you shared. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of many of our amenities. We will use your comments about our lifeguards to help our team improve as well. Thanks again for the 5 star review!
Merrill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel on the Northwest side of the cities, this is very nice. I stayed for business, but probably would go somewhere else a little less expensive if I were with the family. The rooms were very clean and it had a microwave and refrigerator. Those are hard to come by in most HIs. The shopping and restaurants are plenty, so take your pick. The only issue was they put me in a room that had the joining door, and the neighbor decided to come back and have a party at around 11pm. There was no sound barrier between the door, and I could not sleep until they left at around 1am.

Room Tip: Don't get a room that joins with another, unless you booked that room as well.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us recently and thank you for the nice review. We are very proud of the excellent quality we provide our guests in particular as it relates to cleanliness and I am happy to hear you were pleased. I agree that we have a fantastic location in the heart of The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes. I apologize for the problem you had with the noise and we will look into this as a team to try and pervent it from happening in the future. We hope to see you on your next trip to Minneapolis.
East Saint Louis, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Of all the hotels I have stayed at, this one is by far my favorite. It is clean, the staff is friendly, the pool is perfect for kids (ages 2-12), the food in the restaurant was good. They actually have lifeguards on duty which is awesome but we did notice them visiting with each other and not watching the kids. This was our second stay here and we will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you want quick access to the pool, as for a room on 2nd floor and use the arcade to get to the po...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank luvhavinfun
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We make every effort to provide a clean, guest friendly environment so you can relax and enjoy yourself while visiting us. It is great to hear that you have visited us two times already and will do so again in the future because that is one of the best recommendations we can get. We will use your comments about our lifeguards to help our team improve as well. Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.
Papillion, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel about a year ago on a business trip. I had told my wife it was a great hotel, however on this trip we decided to stay closer to Mall of America because everything we were doing was on that end of town. After an EXTREMELY bad experience at the other hotel, we checked out after the first night, and used our rewards points to book a standard room at this one. I arrived just before the check in time and Paul (who had worked at this location the last time I stayed here) remembered I hate being called Mr. Volz greeted me by name and informed me That we had been upgraded from the standard room into a jacuzzi suite! This was great because the water park (which is great) was packed with families, and my wife and I were looking to get away from the kids! The lounge in the hotel is very nice, and the staff is extremely friendly. We have already decided to come straight here on our next trip! It's worth the difference in price!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Hello, We are very glad that you made the decision to come visit us again and thank you for the feedback. We are very proud to have a staff that takes care of all customers whether it is their first visit with us or their tenth. I will share your comments with our entire team and in particular the teams who work at our front desk and in our lounge. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again.
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Ok, so we stayed here for 6 nights. Depending on the lifeguard on duty, in depends on the answer you get. My daughter swam and got tired so I carried her. The lifeguard Supervisor blew her whistle at me, "Sir, you can't do that. Ahowever, hey didn't do nothing when kids were snapping towels. Then a young boy about 5 using a walker came in, the father sat the boy up on a ledge and the lifeguard supervisor whistled at them. We were even more frustrated when we bought a lemonade in the lobby, went to the pool and she told me I can't bring it in there. But, there was a family who came in with a six pack of beer bottles by the pool. Nothing was ever said to them. I doubt I will come back with family and will not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. The goal of our staff is to deliver consistent customer service that exceeds our guests expectations. We obviously did not meet that goal during your stay and I would like to apologize. We will use your feedback to improve our operations moving forward as we strive for continuous improvement. Thank you again for your feedback. We appreciate it very much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Downtown
Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Downtown
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes? Share your experiences!