“More coffee please”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Willmar, Minnesota
“More coffee please”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights because I had to attend a conference nearby. It is a great location and the rooms are a nice size. They provide cables for your laptop to be used with the tv-just ask for them. We had trouble with the connection and the front desk staff came up to our room and helped us. Some things that were not the greatest was the lack of filled coffee carafes in the lobby. My husband loves his coffee and he could not find a drop to drink. And then there was not regular coffee stocked in our room either! Our bathroom door did not stay open and we had to tie it to the main door. Is that how the Holiday Inn bathroom doors work in Maple Grove? They have a water park type pool area. Not a real pool but something that kids enjoy. The water park is only open on the weekends and then only until 2pm on Sunday. Is that when the weekend ends? Mine ends at midnight on a Sunday night but oh well. The hot tub is very large so you aren't sitting on your neighbors lap. Something very bad must have happened in the pool at this hotel because you can't use the pool area by yourself. You can't even get into to it unless you stroll to the lobby in your bikini and ask to be let in. The lifeguard on duty the first night was very nice when we wanted to check out the pool area and then use it later. The next night the lifeguard yelled at everyone that it was 10pm and time to get out. She even started turning off the lights. Wow. I have never experienced that before. I am not a child and don't want to be treated like one--attention management. And I had a room that faced a wall so no nice balcony or any view at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate hearing about the things we do well along with the areas in which we can improve. I apologize for the lack of coffee in the lobby and your room and have discussed both issues with our team to help eliminate this from happening in the future. I have also discussed with our Waterpark Manager the problems you encountered the second evening in the pool area so that we can improve our customer service even further. A few more details about our waterpark; it is open Fridays 4pm-10pm, Saturdays 8am-10pm, and Sundays 8am-2pm which allows our guests staying Friday or Saturday night to enjoy the waterpark both on the night they arrive as well as the following morning. During the week our pool and hot tub is available for our guests from 7am-10pm and the city of Maple Grove requires us to have lifeguards on duty due to the size of our facility in order to provide a safe environment for our guests. While we do understand having to stop at the desk is not the perfect system, it allows us to ensure we are complying with city regulations as well as providing a safe environment for all our guests. Thank you again for all of your feedback and also for choosing our hotel on your recent stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Rochester, Mn
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My Parents, myself and my Son's family spent Mother's Day weekend here. The WaterPark is looks amazing and there are 2 seperate pools for the kids. My youngest grandchild wore himself out in the shallow pool and loved the water spurts and the slides. My older grandchild loved the big kids pool with the basketball hoop. The Hotel had good food and good service and the rooms were really nice. My only complaint would be the help in the snack bar - can you please put someone in there that can think???? We had to tell her how to cook a hotdog - lol. The location is great - there are many shops and restaurants ... right by the hotel and Dave and Busters is across the street. My Son's Family Loved it!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel and waterpark. I am glad to hear that your entire family, no matter what age, was able to enjoy their stay. I agree that the waterpark is a very fun area for children of many ages. I appreciate the feedback both good and bad and we will use it to address your area of concern in the concession area so we can improve on our customer service even further. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was in a perfect spot for shopping and the waterpark was really cute. We were there on a weekday so the slides were not in operation but our 2 year old had a blast on all the other water attractions for his size. The room was clean and quiet. You can't go wrong with a Holiday Inn. We were in route to Minneapolis and stopped and requested a room and got one without any trouble.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for the nice review about our hotel. We strive daily to provide a clean hotel for our guests and are glad to hear your thoughts about our quality and cleanliness. It is great to hear that your family was able to relax and enjoy the pool area during your visit. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope the rest of your trip was great.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed at this property for a business trip & wished I had brought my family!

I was upgraded to a mini-suite & it was fabulous! The bed was comfortable, room was super clean. Loved the balcony & flat screen tv's.

The pool was beautiful and would have been great for a family vacation. Large whirlpool to relax in the evenings, great pool & arcade for kids of all ages,

Across the parking lot are the "fountains shopping" -- great shopping & restaurants.

Staff was wonderful -- very helpful and professional.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 1Beth
Thank you for the nice review about our hotel. We take great pride in our service and amenities and are glad to hear you thought both were great. We agree that our location and amenities fit well for both business and leisure travelers. Thank you again for the nice comments and we hope to see you again; perhaps on a weekend so you can enjoy our entire waterpark, arcade and concession areas.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I travel to MN on a regular basis and as a Priority Club Platinum Club member I always stay at Holiday Inn properties. On my first visit, I wrote off the leaking exterior wall as an aberation due to snow drifts, but on my second visit the door lock would not work. If you have had this to you before you know the drill. Several trips to the front desk of course lugging all your bags after a long flight and after having your card reswiped a couple of times the clerk finally tries it herself. Many more swipes before giving in and calling maintenance. I gave up and went to bar and bought a drink and waited half an hour getting to bed after midnight. Next visit went to the bar for a drink and sat for twenty minutes while blithely ignored by the bartender. Gave up went to bed and went to breakfast and the room was packed. Back to room to order room service. I'll stay at the Crowne Plaza next time.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Guy P
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Thank you for the feedback about your stays with us. I apologize for the problems you had while visiting us. We take pride in both our customer service and room accommodations but obviously fell short when you stayed with us. Your specific feedback will be used to improve our hotel moving forward. Thank you for being a loyal Priority Club Member and thank you once again for your comments.We appreciate it.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Very clean rooms.
Decent range of cable TV stations.
Shower head high enough for tall people.
High-priced for business travelers. I only went there because all of my usual options were full.

Traveling for business and just for one night, I did not have a use for the family-focused amenities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We take great pride in maintaining a quality hotel that emphasizes cleanliness. It is good to hear that you recognized the clean rooms as well as the number of TV channels and bathroom amenities. We feel these are all very important to business and leisure guests. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area and thank you again for your feedback.
Minneapolis
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was the perfect hotel and location for a few friends and I for a girls weekend getaway. The location was great--we were able to shop at the nearby Arbor Lakes and other shopping areas. We didn't end up dining at the hotel but at Bennihana's which is directly across the parking lot and was fantastic.

The hotel itself was very nice, the lobby was very nice and check in was very fast. We booked the 2 room suite with a balcony and it was great! The living room area and wet bar was perfect for what we needed and the size of the room was good for the four of us getting ready to go out that night. The balcony was surprisingly very large and if it wouldn't have been raining that night would have been nice to enjoy. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and seemed to be well appointed.

We didn't use the pool or waterpark but it looked fun and I liked the venitian style theme, I would definitely book again for a family trip as I know my kids would really enjoy it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
It is great to hear that you were able to have a fun weekend getaway while styaing at our hotel. Our location does meet the needs for both leisure and business travelers with an abundant amount of shopping and dining options. Thank you for the very nice comments about our hotel and its amenities. We hope to see you again on a weekend when you can enjoy the waterpark.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Downtown
Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Downtown
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes? Share your experiences!