“Not what we expected!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Tombstone, Arizona
“Not what we expected!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our first clue was that the fish taco smelled like fish. It was not grilled, but pretty much raw. The food was not hot but tepid. Every item was very salty tasting. Service was great, but food was not. Will eat at Eden Prairie Pablo instead.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank 60950Mark

Maple Grove
“Service is sorely lacking...”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The restaurant is clean and open. Love the décor. The drinks and the food are good but not great. The prices are bit on the higher end for Mexican food. The one cool thing that my wife and I noted was that they list the approximate calories for each food item on the menu. The bad...we waited about 10 minutes before a server finally came over. She was sweating profusely and was very curt about us having 5 at the table. We were always out of things like soda or salsa or whatever and the whole experience took over an hour and a half. The food literally took 35 minutes to come out and I know our table wasn't alone. Other tables were getting irritated to. This was our 2nd experience just like this there and I have to say that I will be going somewhere else next time. Again the food is average, the restaurant looks nice and is well kept but the service was sorely lacking...

• Visited May 2013
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Good Mexican for a Chain.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I always prefer to find hole in the wall places, but Don Pablo's is good for a chain. Our waitress was amazing. Our food came fast and was sizzling hot. The prices are reasonable, especially on drinks.

• Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Don't waste your time or money!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I thought that I would give this place a try after about a 5 year hiatus and I quickly remembered why I hadn't been here for so long. Everything is terrible! The chips are greasy, the salsa tastes like ketchup with onions and peppers, and the enchiladas were horrible. And to top it off, our waiter stunk horribly like cigarette smoke. Do not waste your time or money here. This is not Mexican food!!

• Visited March 2013
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Good family dinning.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is one of the few dining Mexican Restaurants in Maple Grove. We have a lot of fast food Mexican eateries, but not a restaurant where you can sit and have dinner and drinks with your friends. The food is good, staff is friendly and convienent location. Because of the high industrial ceilings, it can get a little noisey when busy. They have daily specials, lunch specials and reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2012