“Great service”

Dining options: Reservations
Kerrville, Texas
“Great service”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We celebrated my husband's birthday at Sawatdee on Sunday. This was our first visit there. The sampler platter was delicious, and I loved the assortment of sauces that were provided. I ordered the ginger something with shrimp. I asked for it to be a 2 as did everyone else for their meal. Mine was too spicey to enjoy. I sampled the other meals ordered, and believe that they included spice level of everyone else on mine. I did eat the shrimp, but told the server I was disappointed in it. She offered to have a fresh one prepared, but I declined. When the bill was brought, she had removed my dish. They also brought my husband mango and sticky rice for his b'day.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank LadybugQ

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tried, true and tasty!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We have been fans of Sawatdee for years, and the kids LOVE it! Their happy hour appetizer, sushi and beverage deals are great, so that is our Sunday treat.

You can adjust the spiciness of the food yourself by requesting the "spice rack", which is a group of 3 little bowls with chili oils and pastes in them. That way, not everyone has to experience the "5 pepper" heat! The staff seems to turn around a lot at this location, but they are always friendly and work hard to keep customers satisfied.

• Visited April 2012
Northern Great Plains, USA
“Service as warm as the curry”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I'm working my way through the Sawatdee menu, trying a different dish every time I'm there. I have yet to try anything that wasn't wonderful. Most recently I enjoyed the Massamun Curry. It was absolutely delicious, and the portions are generous enough that I took my leftovers home and got two more meals out of them. The service was fast and friendly, and our server was very knowledgeable about the menu.

I wouldn't necessarily go here for a romantic dinner, because the seating doesn't lend itself to intimacy at all - it's just a big open room. Still, it wasn't as noisy as you might expect.

• Visited March 2012
Philadelphia
“Reliable, enjoyable”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Business dinner for a total of 13 colleagues from US, China & Europe - needed something lighter than a late-night gorging on steaks or Italian.

Perfect choice - Sawatdee. The menu offers bar faves of hot chicken wings, a twist on the jalapeño poppers, as well as Asian faves of vegan summer rolls, chicken satay, etc. For the main course choice, we had a wide variety of selections: a sushi boat for 4 (very good fresh sushi and rolls), pad Thai with shrimp, fried rice, stir fries, and selections of Nigiri. The food was enjoyed by all; the service was good; the live music was pleasantly playing in the background, without interfering with numerous conversations at the dinner table, the beer and wine complimented everyone's dishes. No room for dessert.

Have been here about 4 times, when the area for business. This is a reliable place for dinner.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank FRWL
Big Lake, Minnesota
“Great Thai Food!!”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have been to Thailand and Sawatdee's food is the closest thing I have found in the NW Suburbs to actual food from Thailand....highly recommended!!