“Breakfast: Excellent!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Elk River, Minnesota
“Breakfast: Excellent!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dehn's just began serving breakfast so it was time for a visit. We have traveled around the Twin Cities every Saturday for a couple of years sampling breakfast offerings from various small restaurants. With that in mind I can offer the opinion that their breakfast is wonderful. Excellently cooked eggs, really good bread used for toast. I suggest you give them a try.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank John J

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Always a Favorite”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

my husband and I came from Denver to visit my 86 year old mother in Plymouth and she always takes us to Dehns for a scrumptious -no frills -dinner that we have enjoyed for years. My grandparents started the tradition in the 1960's-I believe. We had a wonderful time last Saturday nite and my husband commented it was the best steak he's had in a long while.
You sure are busy on Saturday nites--

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Judy G
Dayton, MN
“WONDERFUL FOOD”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Family owned for a very long time. Reminds me of small town restaurants which are hard to come by these days. I too grow weary of chain restaurants. This is a wonderful change of pace. I've read good and poor reviews here. Some valid complaints, and I agree with all the good ones. What saddens me is that I wonder if those who have been unhappy with the food ever mentioned it to the owner who I happen to know. I have eaten there many times and had DELICIOUS food (esp. the Dehn's Sirloin) but on a couple of occasions was disappointed in the cooking of my order. Being a frequent loyal customer, I called and spoke to the owner who will go OUT of his way to make things right... that is how committed he is to good service and food. For those who have been disappointed, do the right thing and tell the owner about your experience. Let him - as with any good restaurant - make it up to you. He/they really do want to provide you with the best. Perhaps your complaint if valid, will give them ideas of how to improve. That is how restaurants improve.

• Visited September 2012
5 Thank Jan-Dayton-MN
Midwest
“Now Serving Breakfast”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

They just started serving breakfast on Oct. 1 so we thought we'd give it a try. I wanted something different so I ordered a short stack of the Lemon Cornmeal Cakes served with fresh Blueberries & Lemon Curd. It was very good but next time I order them I think I'll ask for the lemon curd on the side. It's very sweet and almost like eating lemon meringue pie for breakfast. It was plenty of food and I ended up taking some of it home. My husband had eggs, toast and hash browns. They always do a good job with their hash brown potatoes.

I plan to go back again this month with friends and will probably try the Full Nelson, which is Dehn's version of a grilled cheese sandwich with onions, bacon and fried egg added.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Curly
Savage, Minnesota
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Dehn's has been one of my favorite local restaurants over the past 15 years. I always have looked forward to their home cooked meals espececially their prime rib. It was the choice of restaurant for my birthday dinner today. Four of us went to enjoy a meal. Unfortunately the meal tonight was very disappointing. The prime rib was not cooked properly for three of us and the meat was overly fatty and a little tough. The baked potatoes were very dry, and Service was marginal. Normally I am a big fan of Dehn's. Not tonight. Probably will not go back again as it was that bad. I suggest you consider going somewhere else for a good meal. Sad ending....

• Visited September 2012