“Still the Best Italian in TC”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Buca di Beppo
Ranked #66 of 123 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Metro bus service - Maple Grove stop.
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Went there for dinner with family. Ordered the Apple Gorgonzola Salad. The Meat Ravioli, Cheese Bread, Fettuccine Alfredo, and the Chicken Parmesan. Consistency is this restaurant's main quality. Did not order the Tiramisu this time, but I hope they brought back the old recipe: more rum! Generous sharing portions. Recommended over many local Italian restaurants.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Try the Little Black Dress it was fantastic. The service was something to be desired. The server brought coffee and spilled it on my arm, fur and dress. She didn't seem to think much of it, good thing I had a linen in my lap!

1  Thank CrazyMel01
bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? Please make sure to include the date and location of your complaint in your e-mail. We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have been to this restaurant in various locations many times - several times in the Maple Grove location. Saturday night 11/16 date night with my DH was somewhat disappointing. Poor service - note to young waiter calling himself Batman, please do not get on your knees at the end of the table to chat and take our order - while I know the intention was to be casual/chummy/friendly, it only made us uncomfortable. (Speaking of floors, the wood outside of the red carpet runner trail in the place could use a paint touchup, I looked down and around and it just looks shabby faded and scratched - the whole place would benefit from an intensive cleaning and sprucing up - please clean the decor too!)
The waiter brought bread and without asking, automatically poured olive oil and balsamic onto one plate, when we asked for a clean plate with no balsamic as well as butter for the bread, it took him over 15 minutes to return with our request. All in all I believe he should have been more prompt with the requests and after the food was delivered, it would have been nice if he had checked back to see if we needed anything, although a manager did walk around one time and asked every table how things were.
I always order the same dish, penne pasta San Remo with chicken, artichokes and peas - I counted two pieces of artichoke this time, in addition to painfully undercooked penne with very little sauce - the pasta was so dry - even the inevitable leftovers were blah. My DH ordered a shrimp pasta dish and his pasta was also chewy and undercooked. I am sorry, it was just a disappointment this time around. And the prices are simply too high for the quality nosedive.
One plus, the gorgonzola green apple salad was the highlight! I twas SO GOOD! In retrospect, we should have just ordered that and called it an evening.
Please do better, Buca, sadly we won't be back until you do!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We celebrated my 9 year old granddaughter's birthday at Buca di Beppo last month. The mac and cheese was a big hit with the entire family!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Still a favorite place to go. Ordered the crusted chicken stuffed with prosciutto, cheese manicotti, and the chicken fettuccine Alfredo. All recommended. The caprese with tomato was good. Cheese bread with spinach was good. The only disappointment: the Tiramisu which is a favorite of mine did not taste as good as usual. Much less Rum and less chocolate on top. It might have been stale? Not sure. I addressed this with waitress and she said maybe the dessert did not soak for long in rum.