“Pasta pasta everywhere”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Metro bus service - Maple Grove stop.
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
“Pasta pasta everywhere”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We ate family style from several different large bowls of delicious pasta. We were celebrating a birthday and the staff all gathered to sing. Service was great. I would certainly visit again.

Visited November 2012

N/A
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great family restaurant! Meals are served family style, with big bowls. The atmosphere is loud and fun. Delicious food too!

Visited October 2012
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Not my favorite place”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It's been some time since I was at Bucca's, but a group from work was going for a "farewell" dinner for an employee. I did not care for Bucca's before and, now after being there again, still don't. The dining areas are terribly small, cramped and the decor is cluttered. The meals are huge, even the "small ones" are not for single diners. Everything is calorie laden. I ordered Chicken Limone, which is 3 chicken breasts with a garlic butter sauce and capers. It was very good and tender but came, just the chicken breasts, no pasta. At another restaurant, I get essentially the same meal, it is called Chicken Picata, comes with 3 breasts and pasta. For the meal, ice tea,no appetizer or dessert, with tip, I paid $30, a bit much for just 3 chicken breasts. The restaurant is cramped, noisy and unappealing. Our waitress was fantastic, the only really good thing I can say about the place. It's not a place for couples, as the meals are too huge for just 2 people. The "small" order is too big for one, too small for 2. And, it's not a place for a group, as the rooms are so small, that they cannot accommodate a large group without splitting you up, as happened to us - and we had made advance reservations. These dining room areas simply cannot hold large groups at one table. This is not a place that I will frequent again.

• Visited October 2012
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Pricey pasta-noisy surroundings”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We’ve been to other Buca Di Beppo’s and this one seemed like the others. The menus seemed ragged, worn, and had signs of menu items being the same for quite some time. After a few visits to this restaurant chain, I’m beginning to think it’s not for couples. It seems ordering one item isn’t enough, and ordering two is too much. My guess is two items is the right amount of food for three people. I loathe the noise and singing they bother everyone with when someone is celebrating a birthday. And, I wish those seating people would put more thought into who they are sitting together in the small rooms. With an abundant number of rooms, one would think they could put families with small children in a room with other families with small children. There is nothing worse than to be startled by a loud shrieking scream from a small child while you are trying to have a quiet meal with someone. Our meal, which consisted of the pesto stuffed chicken breast, two dinner salads, an order of linguine, one water and one Coke, with tip, came to $65. Everything was delicious, but, seemingly, a bit spendy for pasta dishes. Our waitress, Kristi, was fantastic!!

Visited October 2012
Bel Air, Maryland
“Decor Doesn’t Make Up for So-So Food”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Whenever I am on business travel in MN I like to stay in Maple Grove because there is a huge concentration of restaurants in a small area. Last week I gave Bucca a try not knowing that it was family style restaurant i.e. portions are for two or more. I found the place very charming. The host walked me through the kitchen on my way to be seated and introduced me to everyone as we walked. I was seated in a room where the ceiling was bottles of wine – I counted them while I was waiting for my food – I think there were 551 of them. The walls of this place are adorned with hundreds of Italian artifacts – I swore I saw a picture of my grandparents on the wall. In any case, on to the food. I ordered a chopped house salad and an appetizer for the main meal – remember large portions. The salad was very good – huge and tasty – it was served very cold and was well made with a diversity of ingredients – some were even Italian :). The appetizer was a seafood trio of mussels in marinara, shrimp scampi, and fried calamari. The mussels in marinara were excellent, the scampi needed more garlic (come-on I’m Italian – there is no such thing as too much garlic) and the calamari, well, it was disappointing. For what it was – the meal was a bit on the pricy side though they did cut me a break on the cannoli (1 instead of 3 and very good) and espresso which would have made up for the pricyness of the meal but the espresso wasn’t made or served correctly. I had to ask for a spoon and the waitress brought me a soup spoon – do I need to say anymore. Italian name, Italian atmosphere – questionable Italian food and service. For Italian - stick with Biaggi’s across the street.

• Visited July 2012