“Lame, no happy hour. It's Maple Grave, you're not that cool.”

Redstone American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Redstone American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hemlock Lane
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Bad enough Edina thinks they are 'above' happy hour. If you get people with the vibe and the verve to make it out in this freezing cold weather, especially on the outskirts of the society..you should have happy hour. Right across the street is Pittsburgh Blue with a fabulous happy hour. It makes you feel appreciated for being a cool, energetic, full of life young person, out and about during the sunlight, after a really cool, fun, busy day at work.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great food and drinks we went to the new location in maple grove. it was out of this world clean and nice staff

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have ben to the other two Redstones over the years and have always enjoyed them. We went here the other afternoon for lunch and had a great experience. The place was busy, just after noon on aSaturday. The service and the food were very good. No complaints. We will go back for sure.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Truly an wonderful experience! We dined at the Maple Grove location this afternoon during the brunch hours. The menu had brunch items and lunch items on it. The brunch runs 'til 2 p.m. and they said the regular menu begins.

Walking in the front door we were impressed by all the beautiful stone work, massive fireplaces and overall feel of the restaurant. We'd been there back when it was Boston's so it was amazing to see how vastly different the space is now.

We had made a reservation for 1 p.m. but arrived about a half hour early and were pleasantly surprised to be seated early. I'd chosen this restaurant based on the good reviews and the service and food was even better than the reviews here on Tripadvisor had said!

Our server was Robin who was a complete delight! She made our dining experience an outstanding one. We even had the opportunity to meet Melissa, the server mentioned in one of the other reviews here on Tripadvisor. That reviewer wasn't kidding, Melissa was a sweetheart and great help to our server.

What I appreciated most was that Robin treated us like we were her only table and gave us stellar service. She was genuinely thrilled when we reported that the food was amazing. And it was! My daughter had a hamburger, my son had a half rack of ribs that literally fell off the bone as I was separating them with my knife. My wife and I have been married long enough that we surprisingly ordered the same dish, the rotisserie chicken. Yet again, the meat fell off the bone when I began cutting it. The garlic mashed potatoes tasted homemade and the grilled asparagus was wonderful.

When I returned home I re-read the reviews before writing this one and was surprised because we did not experience a loud atmosphere, and our table/booth was next to the bar. The music was at a perfect level and my family and I could hear one another with no problems. It's too bad the other reviewers didn't have the same experience we did. They should try it again and definitely ask for Robin as their server! She is truly top-notch! We will be returning and requesting her again!

PS: Guys, check out the men's bathroom. I know it's a strange comment but they have televisions at the urinals. Had to drag my nine-year-old son away from the urinal so we could get back to the table. :)

2  Thank champster117
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Spent an hour and one-half with Melissa tonight, and she is an absolutely wonderful server at an excellent restaurant. She is a natural when it comes to Menu suggestions, making you feel comfortable, and taking the time to make sure everything was just right, and truly caring about your dining experience. She is just a very nice person, who is very good at what she does. Our food was excellent as well; from the chicken & ribs, and the beef short ribs, to the Banana cream pie she suggested we try for desert.

I cannot say enough good things about our experience tonight; the food, and Melissa who was an absolute treat...

Thank you for a great dining experience... P & J