“Went from a reliable hotel to hit or miss...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Chicago, Illinois
“Went from a reliable hotel to hit or miss...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Have stayed at his hotel numerous times. But the 1/12 visit left me w/ an impression that they were not paying attentions to the details. (hair in bathroom). The l morning breakfast staff is attentive and provided great customer service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay on January 12th of this year. Thank you so much for the kind Comments on our Breakfast staff. That means a lot and I will let them know.

To say the least, I am very disappointed that you found hair in your room. Hair is one of my biggest pet peeves and I expect that guests should not have to deal with it as well. Thank you for letting us know about this problem. It allowed me to work with my staff to ensure that we can get this problem corrected and go back to a Reliable hotel you have seen in the past. Please know that this is unacceptable in our eyes as well and we will get this corrected. We hope that when you come back next time, you will see that we are indeed reliable again.

Mike Severson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Midwest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Ever date someone and think "there won't be a second time"? That is my experience with Maple Grove's Hilton Garden Inn. I may have gotten two hours of sleep. The hotel is right next to busy I494 and if you have one of the rooms that face the interstate you can hear every vehicle going down the interstate. If I had one of the majority of rooms that do not face the interstate, it would have been a great stay. The hotel should warn guests of the issue.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank MidwestTraveler2007
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. Even though it wasn't a positive stay, we will definately take this as a learning experience and hope we can earn that "Second Date".

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality experience you deserved during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from nearby traffic. Your comments will help us to improve our guest experience and we will look into possible permanent solutions to this issue for future guests. We hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to our area in the future.

Ramona, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the MG HGI for two nights on business. I was impressed that the front desk called me shortly after check-in to ensure the room was to my liking and everything was okay. The second day of my stay I was contacted again to make sure my expectations were being met in every way. This is a first for an HGI property!
The rooms were spotlessly clean with the fit and finish of every aspect a '10'. Break fat in the morning was of a high quality and the bar service in the evening provided a casual way to wind down after a busy day. Should your travel plans call for you to visit the Maple Grove area, this is a highly recommended please to stay. You will not be sorry!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Holiday Greetings from Hilton Garden Inn - Maple Grove,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and property. I love hearing stories about our hotel like these. We meet daily at our Huddle and you can see my staff so happy that they were able to serve another guest and have them leave happy when I share these success stories. We strive to make sure everything is enjoyable and our owners provided us with such a wonderful facility to do that in. Thank you so much for sharing with others and we hope to see you back the next time your in the area.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here two nights on a "guys' getaway" weekend.

Check-in was the fastest and smoothest I have experienced at any hotel the last couple of years -- much appreciated, as was the very early check-in we were granted. Our 3rd-floor room was extraordinarily clean and well maintained (even by HGI standards) and the beds were very comfortable. The flat-panel TV was fantastic with a nice selection of HD channels and pay-per-view entertainment options. The refrigerator and microwave worked flawlessly. Outdoor noise/lighting spillover into our room was completely non-existent.

But in my opinion what really set this hotel apart was their people. Everyone we dealt with was extremely friendly. Housekeeping staff were efficient and non-intrusive, and the front desk clerks made check-in and checkout fast and painless. I would especially like to acknowledge the young man who was shoveling the hotel's sidewalks the morning we left and offered to dig out our car after a 10-inch snow the night before. While we had no problem getting out of our spot, I was extremely impressed at his attentiveness and willingness to do something I'm pretty sure was outside his job description. Not sure if he was a hotel staffer or hired help but he's a good one either way.

This hotel has an excellent location, just off I-494 in the northwest Twin Cities metro area. If you'd rather not eat at the on-site cafe (which is nice but a little spendy), several good dining options are within an easy walk and many others are only a few minutes' drive away. I would recommend Solo's, a pizza cafe less than 5 minutes by foot from the hotel. Their made-to-order items are fast and fresh, they taste great and are extremely reasonable with happy hour and weekend specials for even better value.

The only (and I mean only) problem we had was maintaining the room temperature. Despite the modern digital thermostat, it was pretty hit-and-miss... with the room being a bit on the chilly side for most of the stay and the thermostat not seeming to have much effect regardless of how it was set. Not a deal breaker though, and could have been operator error for all I know.

All in all a great stay at a very nice hotel and one we will definitely be frequenting again if we have the opportunity.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for letting others know about your last stay with the Hilton Garden Inn - Maple Grove and how we were "Almost Perfect". Your kind comments were so great to here about our property. I am so happy to hear how well you were taken care of by our staff. We strive to be the best and it is great to here. I am sorry you had a problem with your temperature in your room. If you wouldn't mind responding back to me at the email address below and let me know your room number, we will definately look into it. Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Room was very spacious and well set up for working in evenings. Hotel staff were helpful and friendly.
The lobby had a nice ambience with a fireplace and comfortable chairs around. Although I didn't use the service there was a free van within 7 miles which would take you to the nearest shops. There wasn't much in the way of restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with Trip Advisor. We really appreciate our guests' feedback and are so Happy you felt our hotel was a "Pleasant Hotel". I love hearing that our staff was helpful and friendly and you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you come back soon when your back in the area. Have a great Holiday Season!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday as we have friends/family on the west side of Minneapolis. If you need to pick a hotel in the area, this is a great choice. The bathrooms have granite countertops, there is a mini fridge, flat screen TV and the carpeting all looks new.

The only problem we had was that we left one day at 12pm and returned at 2:30 pm and the room had not been cleaned. Can't really blame the hotel and they brought towels up within 5 minutes of us calling.

The location is about 15 mins from downtown Minneapolis. If you want to stay in the suburbs on this side of the Twin Cities, this is a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Maple Grove,

Thank you so much for celebrating part of the Holiday week with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the rooms. We apologize for not having your room clean while you were gone as we try and not inconvenience our guests in any way possible. I am happy we were able to accommadate you when you returned though. Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you the next time you visit your Friends/Family!

Beatrice, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is a great place to stay! The staff - all of them - from the manager to the desk clerks to the restaurant staff are all committed to making each guest's stay a wonderful experience. I travel frequently and have a chance to compare experiences in many, many hotels; the Hilton Garden Inn is a "10": out of "10." The hotel is spotless; the rooms comfortable, and the restaurant food excellent. In short, this hotel is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mseverson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Patty,

It was a pleasure having you stay with the past couple of weeks. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and it is our pleasure to Serve! We hope to see you again in the coming months and than you so much for your kind comments,

Warmest Regards:

Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
#1 of 3 in Brooklyn Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove? Share your experiences!