“Great food and fun experience”
Review of Mongo's Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mongo's Grill
Cuisines: Mongolian
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food and fun experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Food was fantastic. Loved being able to choose from all the items on the various food bars. It was tough to fit all the food into the bowls I wanted to put so much in there.

They cooked the food right in front of you and once we got back to the table with it I was surprised at how great it was. Couldn't finish all of it so took it home and it made great leftovers!

A must try for anyone who likes Asian food

Visited December 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I cannot understand the purpose of this restaurant. They have a salad bar and soups that don't even include Asian ones, then you are expected to create a stir fry with all these low -quality meats and seafood items. The "chef", actually a young kid, overcooked my first stir fry, the meat was so dry I could not eat it. Any Chinese buffet would be better. I eat Asian food almost every week, so believe me when I tell you this place makes no sense at all... Yuck.

• Visited September 2012
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Love it!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a favorite of my husband and I. We love Mongolian style food. This place is excellent. The service is always great and if you don't like the food, you have no one to blame but yourself. You choose everything that goes into your meal from the various food stations that they have. They have a salad bar, if you so desire. Then they have the veggie and meat choices plus all the sauces and additives, where you combine the selections that you prefer. Then you take it to the cooking station to have it prepared. May take a little practice to get the combinations just right but it is well worth the effort. We go there with friends and also to celebrate special occasions. We have never been disappointed and the price is right. Delicious!

• Visited May 2012
Quebec City, Canada
“Meh...overpriced”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The stir fry at Mongo's Grill is okay. There's nothing special about it. It kind of reminds me of hibachi, except not as good. My noodles were pretty bland even though I put a lot of sauce on it, and it was quite obvious that they do not clean their grill because my noodles, vegetables, and meat were covered in burnt, black specks. The salad bar is average, nothing you can't find at a school cafeteria, and the soup tasted like canned soup. It was $12.99 for a bowl (the bowl is pretty small, about the size of a cereal bowl), soup, and salad, which is completely overpriced for the quantity and quality of food you get. If you're going to eat here for dinner, then you should just get the unlimited bowl for $14.99 because you'll get more for your money. The one good thing about this place was that the service was really good. There was always a waiter and/or waitress checking up on us.

• Visited August 2012