“Generally good, a few issues for this dog owner”

Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Generally good, a few issues for this dog owner”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at the Bloomington Staybridge about two years ago and really liked it so despite being eligible for a free stay somewhere else, we still chose to stay here for this three night shopping trip. The pros are:
-free laundry machines 24 hours a day. We didn't need them for such a short stay, but that's a nice perk.
- good breakfasts. The bacon was a bit anemic but the make your own waffles were nice. In addition there was fruit, yogurt, cheese, muffins, juice, coffee, eggs, cereal and more. You could always find something you liked.
- convenient location. Very close to shopping and restaurants. We were never more than 15 mins away from anything.
- real kitchen, well equipped, not just a microwave and mini fridge
- they do seem to care about making your stay comfortable
- fairly welcoming pet policy
Cons:
- walls made of tissue paper. I didn't have an issue with noise at the Bloomington location, in fact I've never had an issue with noise in any other hotel, but this one is crazy loud. People talking in the hall sound like they are in your room. Noise from the interstate is very audible and don't even get me started on the upstairs neighbours...I literally could hear every step they took including every little bathroom noise they made. It was like it was a public restroom and they were in the next stall, no exaggeration.
- very exposed location. While the location is convenient, it's very exposed so the winds around the building are crazy strong, howling at the windows at times. Not that they can control the weather, but come prepared with warmer clothes than you think you need if you are going to be spending anytime walking around the outside ( like trying to get your dog to pee at 2 am:) Maybe planting some hedges would help.
- dirty grounds. I understand the snow just melted and spring is a dirty time, and I saw a man picking up trash from the boulevards, but it seemed no cleaner after he was done. Cigarette butts EVERYWHERE. Disgusting and dangerous when you have a pup who puts things in her mouth surreptitiously. Also, there was dog waste everywhere. I agree the hotel shouldn't have to pick it up, owners should, but many don't and I shouldn't have to dodge dog waste everywhere trying to walk my dogs. There was dog waste on the sidewalk for four days that no one cleaned up! Either clean it up or put up cameras or something to catch the people who don't pick up ( and the cigarette litterers as well!)
-miscellaneous issues...we found out our freezer didn't work the morning we were leaving when all our ben and Jerry's had melted and there was a pool of water on the floor from the faulty ice maker. One of the maids acted terrified of my dogs, even though my one dog is a therapy dog who visits nursing homes. This made me feel very unwelcome. There was some kind of white powder on the floor of the kitchen when we first entered which I cleaned up and prayed my dog hadn't gotten into. We asked for a do not enter to be put in the computer for our suite so as not to make my otherwise quiet dogs bark while we were out shopping. They screwed up and only put it on for one day, so the maid entered and our (crated) dogs got understandably upset.
For me, the most important thing is that my dogs are safe and welcome, and with the maid issues and the dirty grounds, I didn't really feel comfortable having them there. I do still think Staybridge is better than a lot of other places and I think if I wasn't travelling with my dogs I would have loved it, but as it was I was quite happy to be leaving.
If you want a nicer place to walk your dogs the path around Rice Lake is nice and only about 4 mins drive away. Skip the walks around Arbor Lakes. Might be nicer in warmer weather, but it's very exposed so was very cold and windy when we went.

Room Tip: I'd select the second floor if possible. Might be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We take your comments very seriously and have addressed them with our team. We pride ourselves on offering great customer service and a clean and comfortable setting for all of our guests. We apologize for the grounds and have completed a spring clean up now that the snow is gone. We hope you visit us again and hopefully the weather will be much nicer during your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Check in was good and efficient, but after that the layout of the hotel made it difficult to get to my room with all my luggage and there was no offer to assist with my luggage. The elevator is strangely located on the opposite side of the hotel from the reception. The decor of the hotel is extremely dated and the hotel overall was very tired. The breakfast was really disgusting, pretty much inedible. The room service was poor and they even forgot to make over my room all together one day. They have a fridge in the room which is very noisy and it wasn't possible to switch off so it made sleeping difficult.

They have a laundry which is free to guests, this is great and although it id oddly located in the gym, this does allow you to kill two birds!

Overall I wouldn't return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Spursfan08
Thank you for your review of your stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We take all of our reviews seriously and use them as a learning tool to see where we can improve. We are glad you found the Check In process to be efficient. We are addressing your concerns regarding the rest of your stay. We hope that the next time you visit the Maple Grove area you will give us another try so you can see the improvements we are making.
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in many hotels at Maple Grove and for a Extended periods this hotel was good. Bathroom was spacious, shower was over the bath and water pressure was good.

Hotel was inviting and had a nice area to relax. Breakfast was included in the price and whilst basic there were plenty of choices. The shuttle service gets you around the restaurants and the social evening at the hotel are a nice touch - free drinks, nibbles and appetiser.
Gym was strangely located in the laundry.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Maple Grove. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and were able to join us for breakfast and our evening socials. We do offer a complimentary breakfast buffet every day of the week and an evening social Tuesday through Thursday. We hope to see you next time you visit the Maple Grove area.
yahud
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service and worm atmosphere this is what make your stay in this hotel very pleasant.
I was staying in this place for almost 3 weeks and I enjoyed every day to be in this nice and cosy please
Advise to all travelers, you will not regret
Thank you very much Staybrige.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your stay at the Staybridge Suites Maple Grove. We pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and being our guests home away from home. Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had 7 families stay over prior to a basketball tourney. Everything was terrific. The kids were able to swim. The serve a good breakfast. The staff was all very nice. I travel a lot and this place is very well kept.

• Stayed February 2014
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Maple Grove. It was a pleasure to be able to host your group. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet and also that the kids were able to spend time in the pool. We look forward to you staying with us again. Thank you once again.
Hibbing, Minnesota
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed he for a weekend hockey trip. The rooms were great. The hotel was very clean and staff was great. This would be a great place if you need to stay a extended time. Room has small kitchen and a full size refrig. Its close to lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeSuitesMG, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback from your weekend hockey trip. We truly appreciate the kind words especially about the staff. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service. We are located right next to the Arbor Lakes shopping center which has many different shops and restaurants. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Maple Grove area.
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel is fairly easy to get to, even for someone like me who doesn't enjoy city driving. It is surrounded by all kinds of shops and restaurants, and is quite near a movie theatre. It's near a grocery store too if you'd like to cook a little in the charming kitchenette. The hotel itself is clean and modern. The staff was friendly, and I liked that the housekeeping was not intrusive and came by later in the afternoon instead of in the morning when you're sleeping in. I didn't notice any freeway noise, partly bc the bed was super comfortable! We stayed here bc of the positive reviews here on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. Will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liva L
StaybridgeSuitesMG, Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Maple Grove. We are an all-suite hotel so all of our rooms have the kitchenette. There is plenty of shops and restaurants nearby as we are located right next to the Arbor Lakes shopping center. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Grove
Cambria hotel & suites Minneapolis Maple Grove
Hampton Inn Minneapolis NW Maple Grove
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
Courtyard Minneapolis Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Northwest

Been to Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove? Share your experiences!