I stayed at the Bloomington Staybridge about two years ago and really liked it so despite being eligible for a free stay somewhere else, we still chose to stay here for this three night shopping trip. The pros are:
-free laundry machines 24 hours a day. We didn't need them for such a short stay, but that's a nice perk.
- good breakfasts. The bacon was a bit anemic but the make your own waffles were nice. In addition there was fruit, yogurt, cheese, muffins, juice, coffee, eggs, cereal and more. You could always find something you liked.
- convenient location. Very close to shopping and restaurants. We were never more than 15 mins away from anything.
- real kitchen, well equipped, not just a microwave and mini fridge
- they do seem to care about making your stay comfortable
- fairly welcoming pet policy
- walls made of tissue paper. I didn't have an issue with noise at the Bloomington location, in fact I've never had an issue with noise in any other hotel, but this one is crazy loud. People talking in the hall sound like they are in your room. Noise from the interstate is very audible and don't even get me started on the upstairs neighbours...I literally could hear every step they took including every little bathroom noise they made. It was like it was a public restroom and they were in the next stall, no exaggeration.
- very exposed location. While the location is convenient, it's very exposed so the winds around the building are crazy strong, howling at the windows at times. Not that they can control the weather, but come prepared with warmer clothes than you think you need if you are going to be spending anytime walking around the outside ( like trying to get your dog to pee at 2 am:) Maybe planting some hedges would help.
- dirty grounds. I understand the snow just melted and spring is a dirty time, and I saw a man picking up trash from the boulevards, but it seemed no cleaner after he was done. Cigarette butts EVERYWHERE. Disgusting and dangerous when you have a pup who puts things in her mouth surreptitiously. Also, there was dog waste everywhere. I agree the hotel shouldn't have to pick it up, owners should, but many don't and I shouldn't have to dodge dog waste everywhere trying to walk my dogs. There was dog waste on the sidewalk for four days that no one cleaned up! Either clean it up or put up cameras or something to catch the people who don't pick up ( and the cigarette litterers as well!)
-miscellaneous issues...we found out our freezer didn't work the morning we were leaving when all our ben and Jerry's had melted and there was a pool of water on the floor from the faulty ice maker. One of the maids acted terrified of my dogs, even though my one dog is a therapy dog who visits nursing homes. This made me feel very unwelcome. There was some kind of white powder on the floor of the kitchen when we first entered which I cleaned up and prayed my dog hadn't gotten into. We asked for a do not enter to be put in the computer for our suite so as not to make my otherwise quiet dogs bark while we were out shopping. They screwed up and only put it on for one day, so the maid entered and our (crated) dogs got understandably upset.
For me, the most important thing is that my dogs are safe and welcome, and with the maid issues and the dirty grounds, I didn't really feel comfortable having them there. I do still think Staybridge is better than a lot of other places and I think if I wasn't travelling with my dogs I would have loved it, but as it was I was quite happy to be leaving.
If you want a nicer place to walk your dogs the path around Rice Lake is nice and only about 4 mins drive away. Skip the walks around Arbor Lakes. Might be nicer in warmer weather, but it's very exposed so was very cold and windy when we went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Local grocery delivery service now available. Welcome to the Staybridge Suites Maple Grove/Arbor Lakes.Minutes from downtown Minneapolis, this upscale, extended-stay style hotel is located in a suburban area 15 miles northwest of Minneapolis at the intersection of I-94, I-694 and I-494 and only 30 minutes from the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. For one night or many, while relocating or on a project assignment, travelers appreciate our 'Spirit of Staybridge Service' and welcoming atmosphere. This apartment style hotel offers comfortable, spacious rooms with the added benefit of in - room kitchens giving you that home away from home feel. This extended stay hotel is nestled in the upscale Arbor Lakes Shopping District with numerous nearby shops, restaurants and grocery within walking distance. Businesses near hotel: AGA Medical, ATK, BAE Systems, Boston Scientific, Brocade, ev3, Caterpillar, Cargill, Carl Zeiss/IMT Corp., Dex, General Mills, Genmab, Graco, Great River Energy, Gyrus, Hartford Life, Honeywell, Prudential, Medica, Medtronic, NMC, OATi, OSI, R H Donnelly, UPS, Upsher-Smith, UnitedHealth.Attractions: Albertville Premium Outlets 15 mi W, Cabela's 8 mi W, Dave and Busters .5 mi E, Mall of America 30 mi SE, Downtown St. Paul 25 mi SE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Maple Grove Hotel Maple Grove
- Staybridge Suites Maple Grove